Welcome to the new home of the Vernon Hills Sports Club and Vernon Hills Community Baseball and Softball (VHCBS) Organizations. Our organizations are committed to providing quality youth sports programs in Vernon Hills. Our programs include Basketball, Poms, Football, Lacrosse, Community Softball, and Community and Travel Baseball. We are in the process of updating our website with both content and branding for each organization which we expect to complete over the next few months.
Please continue to visit the site to see the exciting new changes and for more up to date information.
WALK IN REGISTRATION
WHERE: VHHS LOBBY ***
WHEN: February 26TH, 2017 10:45-12:45pm
WE ARE PREPARING FOR OUR 13th SEASON OF VERNON HILLS COUGARS YOUTH TACKLE FOOTBALL
BE A PART OF OUR WINNING TRADITION!!!
MEET THE 2016 PLAYOFF TEAM PLAYERS!!
HOME GAMES ARE PLAYED IN VERNON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL TURF STADIUM!
1.5 HOUR PRACTICES 3 DAYS A WEEK DURING SCHOOL YEAR, OVER BY 8:30PM
NEWER EQUIPMENT, LIGHTED GAME AND PRACTICE
SEASON STARTS EARLY AUGUST UNTIL END OF OCTOBER
SUNDAY AFTERNOON GAMES
*** (2) Players registering at walk-in on 2/26 will be entered into our drawing to be a ball boy at a VHHS Varsity game!
Drawing will be held at 12:45pm at VHHS lobby day of walk-in registration.
Community Baseball & Softball Registration Now Open
Registration for the 2017 Community Baseball & Softball season is now open. To register click on the Register Online button. Here are things to know for the upcoming season:
2017 VHCBS Community Baseball & Softball Things to Know
The Vernon Hills Community Baseball & Softball organization is looking forward to the upcoming 2017 community baseball & softball season. This document is intended to provide you with some key information regarding the upcoming season including progam details, how to register and a very important section on uniform sizing and ordering.
Program Price Age Birthdate Range Primary Game Days(1) # Of Games Opponents
T-Ball (Baseball) $130 4&5 09/01/11-08/31/13 T, Sa 10-12 Vernon Hills
Single A (Baseball) $180 6 09/01/10-08/31/11 Th, Sa 14-16 Vernon Hills
Double A (Baseball) $190 7&8 09/01/08-08/31/10 T, Sa 14-16 Vernon Hills
Triple A (Baseball) $195 9&10 09/01/06-08/31/08 W, Sa, Su 14-16 Vernon Hills(2)
Minors (Baseball) $215 11&12 09/01/04-08/31/06 T, Th, Sa,Su 14-16 Neighboring Communities
Majors (Baseball) $215 13&14 09/01/02-08/31/04 T, Th, Sa, Su 14-16 Neighboring Communities
Freshman (Softball) $180 6-8 09/01/08-08/31/11 M,W,Sa 14-16 Vernon Hills
Sophomore (Softball) $190 9&10 09/01/06-08/31/08 T,F,Sa 14-16 Vernon Hills
Junior (Softball) $215 11&12 09/01/04-08/31/06 Th,Sa,Su 14-16 Neighboring Communities
Senior (Softball) $215 13-17 09/01/99-08/31/04 T,F,Sa,Su 14-16 Neighboring Communities
(1) – Rainout dates will be scheduled in advance on some Sunday’s in May and June.
(2) – There is a possibility at this level we may play a couple of games against a neighboring community.
1. Player Skills Evaluations will take place on Sunday March 12th at the Vernon Hills High School Fieldhouse. (To get to the fieldhouse please enter through the main gym doors which are located at the South end of the building. Walk past the swimming pool on your right and make a right turn at the first hallway. We will have a table set-up to greeet you) The schedule is as follows:
Double A (Baseball) 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Triple A (Baseball) 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Minors (Baseball) 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Majors (Baseball) 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Freshman (Softball) 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Sophomore (Softball) 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Junior (Softball) 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Senior (Softball) 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
2. Teams will be formed in mid to late March.
3. Outdoor practices will begin week of April 3rd weather permitting. (Note: Minors and Majors baseball will have some indoor practices in March / April as game play will start in April.)
4. Picture Day for the VHCBS program will take place on Sunday April 23rd at the Vernon Hills Athletic Complex (300 Nike Parkway Vernon Hills, IL.)
5. Opening Day will be Saturday May 13th with the following exceptions:
a. T-Ball will start on Saturday May 20th
b. Minors & Majors will start games in mid April. We will try and schedule a home game on Saturday May 13th for our Minors and Majors teams.
c. Senior Softball season will begin at end of May. This is due to the fact that some girls may be playing on a high school team and IHSA rules prohibit them from playing on another team while their season is in progress.
6. Season will end the week of June 26th with the following exceptions:
a. T-Ball will end the week of July 10th
b. Senior Softball will end no later than July 22nd.
Registration Process and Timeline
1. All registrations must take place online and can be found by clicking here.
a. Returning Users – please use the email address and password you previously established for registering your child in our Baseball or Softball program. Also please note if you registered your son or daughter for a Vernon Hills Sports Club program (football, lacrosse, cheer) you should use the same email and password you used to register for that particular sport. (NOTE: If you have registered for a Park District program your email and password will not work for our site.)
b. New Users - You will need to create your account before you can register your son and / or daughter for one of the programs. Please follow these steps:
i. Once you click on the link above and select either the 2017 Baseball or 2017 Softball option and select the program you want to register by clicking on the Green Register button.
ii. You will be directed to a page that asks you to Continue. Proceed to the next step by clicking on the Blue Continue button.
iii. On the right hand side of this page you will need to click on the Create Account button. Here you will need to enter in the email address you will use to receive instructions to follow to finish up the registration process. Click the blue Create my account button and you will receive an email with instruction on how to complete the process of setting up a password.
1. (NOTE: You will most likely be directed to a page to Sign In. Before you can sign in you will need to wait until you receive the email where you will establish your password.)
iv. Once you have established your password you can sign into the system.
v. Here you will follow the instructions to establish your profile. Please note that at the bottom of the registration you can add another guardian to the account.
vi. You will then be taken to a form to add in the participant information for that particular registration. (NOTE: If you are registering multiple children you will need to register each child separately. Once you have completed filling out the registration form for the first child you will be directed to our payment page. On that page there is a Register Another button you can click on. You will then be returned to main registration page where you can select the next program you will register for.)
2. Early registration for the 2017 VHCBS Baseball & Softball will take place from Friday January 6th 2017 – Tuesday February 28th, 2017
3. Registrations taken after Tuesday February 28th, 2017 will incur a $50 late fee. No registrations will be taken after Sunday March 12th, 2017.
Uniform Ordering – NEW FOR 2017
1. This year uniform sizing and distribution will be handled by Sports 11 and there will be 2 ways in which you will need to get your child sized. (NOTE: You will need to choose 1 of these options as we are changing uniforms this year)
a. Option 1 – Starting Friday March 10th through Saturday March 18th you can go directly to Sports 11 to have your child fitted. They will have the uniform order form for your child’s program and they will fill out your sizes accordingly.
b. Option 2 – on Sunday March 12th during the Skill Evaluations you can have your child sized at the High school. Please note that we would request that you size your child either before or after their evaluations.
c. Again we want to stress it will be manadatory that you choose 1 of these two options as this is the only way your child will receive a uniform.
2. Sports 11 will also be putting yur child’s name and number on the back of the jersey.
3. Sports 11 will be contacting you once the uniform is ready to be picked up.