The 2018 Mason Football Summer Camp Retreat will be June 1-3 at Ohio University in Athens, OH. All rising 10th, 11th and 12th grade players are encouraged to attend. Completed registration forms and fees ($190) are due by May 18. Forms and camp info will be emailed by the team moms.
Mason Football Needs Your Help for 2018!!
The Touchdown Club and Mason football teams are looking for many volunteers this year. We would love to have volunteers from every grade. The list below will give you an idea of our needs.
If you would like to volunteer for any of the open positions, please contact Debbie Welsh or any other TDC board member. For those that have already stepped up...Thank you!! We are happy to answer your questions.
2018 Mason Football Events/Chairpersons& Volunteers
Golf Outing: Volunteers needed to contact various companies for donations, help set-up the day prior and the day of the golf outing. Please contact Mark Miller or Debbie Welsh if you are interested in helping.
1. After Prom – April 21st - Heather Dalton (chair) Volunteers: Missy Church Several more volunteers will be needed to help at After Prom.
Pam will take care of getting donations for JV/Varsity team dinners, coordinate post workout food, coordinate food for varsity players and coaches during Little Castner Camp Week, get her team together to serve JV/Varsity dinners, coordinate senior parent volunteers to help serve team dinners and much more. This is for senior parents only.
3. Food Coordinator for middle school/freshman pre-game meals – Debbie Welsh (coordinator), Sarah Jacobs (rising 8th) – Team Moms will coordinate with their teams to get volunteers to help pick up food from Quatman’s and put sandwiches together. Team Moms will also need a volunteer that can make sure pre-game dinners are at the school before the end of school on game days.
4. Golf Outing – Mark Miller/Rick Schubert and team – August 4th - Volunteers will be needed day of the outing.
5. Concessions – 2 Chairpersons needed
· Wednesday nights - Sarah Jacobs – 4 volunteers to work concessions during middle school football games.
· Thursday nights – Coordinator needed – plus 4 volunteers to work concessions during freshman home games.
· Saturday mornings – Coordinator needed – plus 3 volunteers to work concessions during JV home games.
· Friday nights – 20 volunteers to work concessions during home varsity games.
6. Heritage Parade – Joy Molinari - Organize all football players in one area before parade begins. Distribute Jersey Mike’s coupons and mini footballs to boys to hand out on walk. This parade included all players…7th-12th, with the exception of JV (they will have a game). Parade begins at 10am. Must be available at 8:30am – 11am.
7. Homecoming – October 6th – Chairperson needed – Decorate the fence, stadium and Mason-Montgomery Rd. with ribbons and flags. Maybe have a small gift for cheerleaders (flower).
8. Homecoming Parade – October 4th – Chairperson needed to coordinate decorating the trailer the seniors ride on, purchasing candy for the players to hand out and getting JV/Varsity players together for the parade.
9. Countdown to Greatness – July 30th – Pam Nigro and Debbie Welsh – volunteers will be needed to help serve dinner to everyone, will need volunteers for set up and clean up. Volunteers: Kim Kraus, Jenifer Sawyer, Tricia Haglage
10. End of Season Banquet (high school players) – November - Pam Nigro (Coordinates food for this event), Debbie Welsh (coordinates volunteers, table covering, etc) – Volunteers needed to help with set up (5) and clean up (5). One volunteer needed to purchase waters and get them to the large commons that afternoon.
11. Tailgate – All Varsity games - Chairperson needed to coordinate location of home and away locations for tailgate. At location early to set up table(s) and tent(s).
12. Senior Mom’s night and Senior Dad’s night – August 9th and 16th – Chairperson needed
13. Senior Dad’s Night: Organize sandwich, chips, dessert and drinks
14. Senior Mom’s Night: Organize a light dinner and small gift
15. Senior Night Football Game – October 19th – Jenifer Sawyer (chair) Coordinate a reception in the end zone for senior parents and families. Order corsages for senior moms and small gift (cookie). Several volunteers needed to donate food. 3 volunteers needed to help set up for reception, serve and clean up.
16. Shake Crew – All Varsity games – Jim Sipe (chair), Aaron Reed, Rich Lencyk. Task is to purchase, ice down and deliver shakes and drinks for varsity players during half time and after games to varsity players.
17. Helmet Crew – All Varsity games – Kevin Dalton (chair), Marc Orlando. Task is to coordinate senior dad volunteers to blow up helmet at games, take down and put in storage.
18. Monday Night and Saturday Morning Coaches Meals – 1 or 2 chairpersons needed to coordinate donated meals for our coaches. Send sign up genius for donated meals. Shop for plates, utensils and waters for the meals. Be at the school when donated items are dropped off. Many volunteers needed to donate a dinner or brunch for 16-18 coaches.
19. Split the Pot – Chairperson needed to coordinate volunteers to sell split the pot tickets before all home varsity games. Volunteers needed to sell Split the Pot tickets.
20. Thank you notes – Kim Kraus
21. Program sales – Chairperson needed to organize and work with printer to get programs ready on time, organize volunteers to help sell at home games. 6 volunteers needed for each home game to sell programs.
22. MABA Representative – Alan Church
23. Spirit wear sales – Mandy Kaufhold (senior parent) – Need 1 parent (looking for a parent from 7th to 10th grade) to shadow Mandy this year and take over spirit wear for the 2019 season.