GREEN MOUNTAIN JUNIOR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
Green Mountain Junior Football Association (GMJFA) is committed to administering a Sponsorship Program for each football season. Funds raised through the Sponsorship Program by any team will directly benefit that team exclusively. Money raised by GMJFA that is not tied to any particular team helps to maintain current registration fees for all players. The Sponsorship Director shall be responsible to supervise the overall administration of the Sponsorship Program.
NEW SPONSOR: An individual, business or organization who contributes to GMJFA for the first time.
EXISTING SPONSOR: An individual, business or organization who has contributed to GMJFA in the past year or longer.
FULL SPONSOR: An individual, business, or organization who contributes at least $300.00.
PARTIAL SPONSOR: An individual, business, or organization who contributes at least $150.00.
AFFILATED SPONSOR: A sponsor who has been recruited by a specific team, such as a team player, team coach, or team parent.
UNAFFILIATED SPONSOR: A sponsor that has been obtained by a representative of GMJFA or other means that is not tied to any specific team.
IN-KIND SPONSOR: A sponsor who donates goods and/or services other than cash.
BENEFITTING TEAM: A team that receives the benefit of a full or partial sponsorship.
SPONSORSHIP DEADLINE: August 11th, of each year.
Sponsors may be obtained by a member of the GMJFA board, a player, a coach, a parent of a player, or an individual representing a team.
1. Unaffiliated Sponsors are considered a GMJFA sponsor and should not be contacted by other affiliated individuals of GMJFA, including players, coaches, parents, or other individuals representing a team. When possible, an Unaffiliated Sponsor will be assigned to a specific team for the purpose of trying to ensure each team in the Association has at least one sponsor. These Unaffiliated Sponsors will be contacted by the Sponsorship Director or other member of the GMJFA Board of Directors prior to each season regarding the renewal of their sponsorship. If an Unaffiliated Sponsor discontinues participation in the Sponsorship Program, they become eligible for contact by specific teams for the purpose of soliciting them as an Affiliated Sponsor.
2. Affiliated Sponsors are not considered a GMJFA sponsor and will be assigned to the benefiting team as directed by the sponsor.
1. A Full Sponsor who contributes PRIOR to the Sponsorship Deadline will receive:
A. Listing on the GMJFA Team Banner.
B. Listing on the GMJFA Web Site under Sponsors (including website & contact info).
C. A Sponsor Plaque with team photo.
D. A Donation Letter for tax purposes.
2. A Full Sponsor who contributes AFTER the Sponsorship Deadline will receive:
A. Listing on the GMJFA Web Site under Sponsors (including website & contact info).
B. A Donation Letter for tax purposes.
Note: NO BANNER ADVERTISING OR SPONSOR PLAQUE WILL BE PROVIDED
3. A Partial Sponsor will receive a Donation Letter only.
4. Any other In-Kind Sponsor may be handled directly by the Benefiting Team.
A banner will advertise the name(s) of each teams Full Sponsor's, received PRIOR to the Sponsorship Deadline, and is to be displayed at all games played by that team. All banners will be purchased through a venue of the Sponsorship Director’s discretion and will be made from reinforced vinyl with grommets. Hardware for the display of each sponsorship banner IS NOT provided by GMJFA and is the sole responsibility of the team. Banners with up to 5 (five) Full Sponsors will be 3’ x 3’. Banners with more than 5 (five) Full Sponsors, but not more than 10 (ten) will be 3’ x 5’. The background color will be gloss white with gold lettering. All banners will have Green Mountain Junior Football Association and the teams Head Coach across the top. Previously issued banners will remain in use as long as its condition allows and annual sponsorships are received. The following applies to all GMJFA Banners:
1. Banners shall be purchased by GMJFA with team sponsorship funds and will remain the property of GMJFA. Banners shall be used to advertise the name of each teams Full Sponsors. GMJFA has the right to control the size, content, and language used on any banner.
2. At the conclusion of the football season, all banners must be returned to the Sponsorship Director.
ADMINISTRATION AND PROCEDURES:
1. The Sponsorship Director, with the assistance from the Treasurer, shall primarily be responsible for the overall administration of the Sponsorship Program;
2. A separate bank account shall be established by GMJFA which will be used to account for all sponsorship funds. Signers on the bank account shall be the GMJFA President, Vice President and Treasurer;
3. The Treasurer and Sponsorship Director shall administer each team’s sponsorship funds by establishing a ledger for each team;
4. All sponsorship funds received by teams shall be given to the Sponsorship Director in order to be deposited to the sponsorship account;
5. Teams may use sponsorship funds to pay for team expenses. Typical expenses may include, but are not limited to, equipment, apparel, trophies, coaches gifts, venue and any expenses incurred associated with the teams end of season party. The Sponsorship Director should be contacted prior to team purcheses to ensure individual expenses are reimbursable;
6. Teams must apply to the Sponsorship Director to receive funds from their sponsorship account. Coaches, Parents, or other individuals representing a team may be reimbursed for eligible expenses previously paid, provided that original receipts are provided;
7. Receipts turned into the Sponsorship Director that are 60 days beyond the purchase will not be reimbursed;
8. It shall be up to the Sponsorship Director to determine that the request for withdrawal of sponsorship funds are reasonible and in compliance with the Sponsorship Program;
9. In an effort to protect GMJFA, our sponsors, teams, coaches, parents, or any person who obtains sponsors, we ask that checks or money orders, (NO CASH) be made payable to GMJFA.
1. Teams are NOT allowed to open their own sponsorship account thereby bypassing the Sponsorship Program;
2. Any coach, parent, or other individual representing a team who is guilty of misuse of sponsorship funds, as determined by the GMJFA Board of Directors, shall be held personally accountable;
3. The Head Coach or Team Manager shall provide an accounting of all team sponsorship funds (income and expenses) to the GMJFA Board of Directors, and/or to any parent of any player on their team, if requested;
4. Balances which remain in the sponsorship account at the conclusion of the football season will be carried over to the following season for that team;
5. Balances for any disbanded or discontinuing teams (including Seniors) will become the property of GMJFA;
6. It is typical for a sponsor to be affiliated with a team due to a relationship with a particular player or the player’s parents. In the event that a player moves to another GMJFA team the following season, the sponsor may choose to move their future sponsorship to the new team;
7. In-Kind Sponsors are welcomed by GMJFA. The value of any in-kind sponsorship shall be treated the same as cash and shall be entitled to the same sponsor benefits as other sponsors;
8. This policy shall be governed by the GMJFA Bylaws and GMJFA Rules & Procedures.