Irondale Youth Hockey Association Board Meeting Minutes
IYHA Board of Directors Meeting: January 19, 2012
Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm by President Gerry Johnsen
Board Members Present: Brent Eilefson, Mark Klein, Beth Soberg, Chris Drews, Nicki Nelson, Steve Krahn, Kara Chamberlain
Board Members Absent: Rick LaPorte, Cyndi Olson, Shari Kunza
Minutes: The minutes of the December Board meeting were read.
Chris Drews moved to approve December meeting minutes as read. Nicki Nelson second. Passed without debate.
Vice President: Tournaments are done. Special thanks to Beth Soberg and John Nientfeld-Thomas for stepping up and helping as I was gone!!!
Secretary: No report.
Treasurer: Absent, report: Reminder that the final ice payment is due Feb 1st, no later than the 10th. Players who are not paid in full, unless they have requested a payment arrangement, will not be allowed to participate in the playoffs on Feb 17th - 19th. Nice to have web people add a “pay here” button. Hint hint.
Boys Program Coordinator: HS Coach will be running a summer camp, $120/wk, $850 for ten weeks. Squirt to HS. Run by the HS coach, FHIT and MAP guys. 24 skaters for each session, up to 6 coaches on ice.
Girls Program Coordinator: B mite kids are going to attend Acceleration MN, excited about that! End of season is last weekend in February, D and C teams in SLP jamboree the following weekend. Youth Knight a big success. Carter Olson day next weekend.
Initiation Program Coordinator: Absent.
- Effective January 1, 2012, any Coach that receives two game misconducts will be immediately
suspended until a D-10 hearing is held.
- Rosters have been frozen as of December 31, 2011. No movement of players is
allowed. Players and coaches may be removed at any time, but they cannot be added.
- January 20th weekend is the State Meeting, which is held in St. Louis Park.
It is an open meeting and anyone is invited to attend.
- Just a reminder: D-10 does not allow substitute goalies, except for Regional and State Tournament play,
as stated under MNH Youth Rules, Section VI, Paragraph C.
- Important upcoming dates:
- Feb 8th: League play ends; Bantam / Peewee / Girls 12U, 14U
- Feb 13th: Play downs for leagues with 17 or more teams. Location: TBD 12 teams qualify for the District Tournament.
Top 4 teams seeded directly to Districts. Team seeded 5 vs.12 winner seed #5,Team #6 vs Team #11 winner Seed #6, Team #7 vs Team #10 winner seed #7 and Team #8 vs Team #9 winner seed #8. Teams will use standard league game format for these play in games. Teams will share playdown costs.
- Feb 16th: League play ends: Squirts / 10U / Jr. Gold B and U16
- Feb 18th: District 10 Youth and Girls Tournament
District 10 teams SQ/Girls 10U and above will not be allowed to participate in any invitational
tournament from Friday 02/17/2012 through Sunday 02/27/2012
There will be no invitational tournaments sanctioned at any level in District 10
between 02/17/2012 and 02/27/2012
- Feb 26: District 10 Tournament Super Sunday / Locations: Youth Leagues at Anoka Arena and
Girls Leagues @ Fogerty Arena
Ice Commissioner: No report.
Registration coordinator: All is good. Need to start looking for replacement board members.
Equipment Manager: No report.
Player and Coach Development Committee:
Potential Partnership Committee: Dormant.
Website Update: No report.
Old Business: N/A
1. Brent Eilefson moved to reconstitute the potential partnership committee. The committee would be composed of, at a minimum, the Boys Coordinator, Girls Coordinator and President. Chris Drews second. Motion passed.
2. Nicki Nelson moved to withdraw IYHA membership from Jack’s Pledge and allow team by team adoption of the pledge. Steve Krahn second. Motion passed. [NOTE: Board subsequently determined that Jack’s Pledge did not automatically require adoption of Rule 13 (doubling of certain penalties), as a result Board determined to leave IYHA as having adopted the Pledge.]
3. Post-season 3v3 earlier proposed by Chuck Ferraro. Board is open to concept and would like more information.
4. Post-season Wild game opportunity for association.
5. Steve Krahn moved to not charge the Steiner family for son’s use of goalie gear for HS season. Nicki Nelson second. Motion passed.
6. Andrea Neuman – SKATE presentation.
Chris Drews moved to adjourn at 7:15 pm. Beth Soberg second. Meeting adjourned.
NEXT BOARD MEETING: Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:30PM AT NEW BRIGHTON FAMILY SERVICE CENTER