LGLL is an all-volunteer league. Apart from the youth umpiring program and outside vendors, no one is paid for their efforts in making sure the League is successful. Of course, parents are central to these efforts.
In addition to the Registration Fees, each family is responsible for:
Two (2) snack shack shifts
One (1) snack shack shift AND one (1) additional league "job" (see list below)
One parent from each team will be the Team Coordinator (TC) to ensure that their team’s volunteer requirements are met. TCs will work with the League’s Concessions Director to make sure that commitments are fulfilled and documented. Parents will receive an email from their team’s TC regarding signups for Little League Day and Snack Shack. Parents who do not fulfill their volunteer commitment will be required to pay the buyout fee (see below). Players whose parents do not fulfill their volunteer commitment or pay the buyout fee will not be allowed to register for LGLL next year.
Other Volunteer Obligations
In addition to the Snack Shack obligation described above, each family will be required to help in one or more of the following ways:
· Evaluation Day Volunteer – working a half day shift during evaluations
· Little League Day Volunteer - working a half day shift during Little League Day
· Team Manager – obviously this is a big commitment so it counts
· Coaching – up to one "official" coach per team
· Team Volunteer Coordinator (TC) – one parent per team
· Scorekeeping (AA, AAA & Majors only) at Tournament level– a fun but important job
· Special Fields & Facilities Days – working a half day shift at one of the special field clean up days
TCs will ensure that team families meet one or more of these obligations. Not all of these commitments will require the same amount of time, so the League’s Concessions Director will be providing TCs with guidelines and templates as to how they can account for the contributions of each family.
Volunteer Commitment Buy-Out
We realize that not all families are able to meet the above volunteer commitments. Therefore, during on-line registration, you may elect to “buy-out” this obligation with a $395 per child contribution to the League. As mentioned above, parents who do not fulfill their volunteer commitment will be required to pay the appropriate Volunteer Commitment Buy-Out(s) or their child (ren) may not be allowed to register for LGLL next year.