Register your Training League (4-6 year olds) or Instructional League player (7-8 year olds) before 12/31/19 and receive an early bird discount! Minor League (9-10 year olds) and Major League (11-12 year olds) league players receive an early bird discount through 2/15/19
New this season…a referral discount! Save 10% on your registration fee when you refer a new player to WHYBL. *Please remember that we accept players for all divisions from the following towns: West Hartford, Hartford, Bloomfield, Newington, Farmington, Avon, Simsbury and Windsor.
Have more than one player? Receive a multiple sibling discount on Minors and Majors Registration fees!
Over the next week, we will be publishing our Winter Clinics schedule, consisting of both free and paid/professional instruction options for registered players. Register now for 2019 Spring baseball to be able to take advantage of these offerings!
Reminder: Our one-day Holiday Camp is open for registration as well!
*Referrals will be entered by the new registrant. These will be reviewed, and refunds will be applied when the 2019 registration process is complete.
Click the PLAYER REGISTRATION button at the top of the screen to register now!
First and foremost, I want to thank Glynn Baron for everything he has done for the league over the last 17 years…as a Coach, Board member and President. I have some huge shoes to fill, as Glynn has done nothing but enhance the league in many ways the last few years. As the new President, I am 100% committed to building on the positive momentum created under Glynn’s leadership.
I have been around the game my entire life, playing all of my childhood and high school years in Eastern PA. As Glynn mentioned in his letter to our families, I was fortunate enough to play college baseball as a pitcher at the University of Pittsburgh. I have coached or instructed baseball in some capacity up through high-school, including coaching teams at all levels and seasons in WHYBL over the past five years. My most recent roles were as Manager of our Spring Major League Connors Insurance team and our Summer 11U Bulldogs District/Travel team. Last year’s Bulldogs New England Regional Championship and World Series run was a once in a lifetime opportunity I will cherish forever, especially being able to experience it with my family and an amazing group of coaches and young players.
Both of my children Chase (12) and Max (9) have been in the league since they were six years old. My wife Liz also sits on the WHYBL Executive Board. So yes, we are a true baseball family! Every part of our experience with this league has been fantastic, on and off the field. I have found over the years that WHYBL players truly develop baseball, team and life skills during their time with us, as they interact with a great group of certified coaches and volunteers. Our national affiliation with Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken allows for the league to build unique baseball offerings and memorable experiences for all ages and skill levels…and with our own indoor baseball facility, we can now do this throughout the year. My goal is to continue identifying new ways to invest in the development of our players and coaches, provide more offerings and enhance the overall baseball experience for players and families. Our new Executive Board team (see below) is already off to a great start, soliciting feedback from families and developing new ideas that fit today’s expectations.
I hope all of our players are enjoying their other sports and activities during this time of year and resting their young arms. In the meantime, as we prep for our 2019 season, I wanted to give you a few things to look out for.
· Indoor Baseball Facility Renovations – we are currently renovating our facility to make better use of the space, adding new and additional turf, etc.
· 2019 Spring League Registration opens in early December.
· Weekly off-season clinics will begin mid-January.
o This year we’ll have both free and professionally run baseball clinics available for our registered players.
o We have also partnered with Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy professionals in the area to be a part of our clinics and programs throughout the offseason. They will provide free sessions for players, coaches and parents to learn more about proper arm care and maintenance, exercise and stretching programs, and more.
· Holiday/Vacation Indoor Baseball Camp. WHYBL will offer an indoor hitting, pitching and fielding camp on Wednesday December 26th. The camp will be open to players ages 7-12. Cost is $30/player. For more information and to register, click here: Holiday Camp
· WHYBL Store – Last season we “piloted” a league/team store with Squad Locker® to provide a place for players, families and fans to purchase customizable WHYBL merchandise. The kids loved what was available…and the ability to get their name and number on anything! We’ve been working with Squad Locker® to build a store for the entire league. The site is now live, just in time for the holidays! 10% of every purchase will be donated back to the league. Check it out here: WHYBL Gear
· We’re also finalizing plans for our other annual events: Open House, Charity event, WIP Fitness Youth Exercise/Conditioning Sessions, Parent’s Night Out, Season Kick Off Party and more!
West Hartford Youth Baseball is entering its 70th season in West Hartford. I am honored to be in this role and excited to continue building memorable baseball experiences for our young West Hartford baseball players.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or feedback.
Another Fall Baseball season came to a close this past weekend...and that's a wrap for 2018! Thank you Parents, Players, Volunteers and Coaches for another fun and fantastic year in WHYBL. Stay tuned for info on 2019 Winter Clinics and Spring Registration information!