The Morris County Park Police, Hanover Township Police Department and the Morris Area Coalition for Education and Positive Choices will be providing all of our youth players and their siblings the opportunity to obtain a YOUTH ID.
They will be making the ID’s at the field. To expedite the process and provide as many ID’s as possible please fill out the attached form [Click Here] and have it with you on Saturday.
Hanover Township Little League Players, Families, Friends, Managers/Coaches, etc.:
Below is some important information regarding HTLL's OpeningDay/Parade scheduled for Saturday, April 21, 2018. Managers - please review the relevant information with your teams. A manager or coach from each team should be present to monitor the players.
• Click Here for the parade route and logistics. Be sure to have players arrive by 9:15 at Stoneybrook field. The police will close off Jefferson Road. Parents can park at Veterans Field or at the Recreation Center.
• The older kids walk at the FRONT of the parade so as not to overtake the younger kids. Once you arrive at the field, the older kids will stay in the BACK and let the younger kids pass thru to the front, so that the first teams to enter the field are Tee, then Farm, etc.
• Managers/Coaches - Please stay with your division during the parade. Do not overtake the group in front of you.
• For safety reasons please do NOT bring candy for your players to eat or throw during the parade.
• Managers/Coaches - as you are lining up to go onto the field you will be given raffle tickets for each of your players. Please have the count of the number of players with you. You can then hand the raffle tickets to each player once you are settled on the field.
• Baseball teams will line up about a foot back from the infield between 3rd base and 2nd base, starting at 2nd base and fanning out towards 3rd base. Younger kids in front, older kids behind them.
• Softball teams will line up about a foot back from the infield between 1st base and 2nd base, starting at 2nd base and fanning out towards 1st base. Younger kids in front, older kids behind them.
• Please keep the kids off the infield, it will have been dragged and lined in preparation for the OpeningDay games.
• In case of inclement weather the HTLL OpeningDay ceremony will be cancelled. Look for an e-mail with any updates and/or check the HTLL website.
In addition to the Parade and OpeningDay ceremony, please be aware of the following:
• Hundreds of dollars in gift certificates will be raffled off - players must be present to win
• The Knights of Columbus will be serving free hot dogs and drinks after the game • The Hanover Rotary Club, an HTLL sponsor, will be selling Duck Race tickets
• HTLL clothing orders will be available for pickup
OpeningDay games will commence at Veterans Field shortly after the ceremony and at other fields around town, conditions permitting!
(Updated) Coach Diana Memorial Softball Tournament-REGISTER NOW
The Coach Diana Memorial Softball Tournament is a FUN family co-ed softball tournament in memory of Coach Diana DeCrescenzo. All proceeds will benefit the HTLL Diana DeCrescenzo memorial scholarship fund.
The tournament is for co-ed multi-age teams. Each team consists of 6 adults (ages 15+) and 6 children (ages 9-14); minimum of 12 players.
Besides the all-day softball tournament, there will be food, entertainment and games. Bring friends, family and fans to celebrate the day in Coach Diana's memory.
Sunday, May 6th (Updated)
Rain Date - Sunday, May 13th (Updated)
Whippany Park High School
Register as a full team or as individuals if you can't get a full team (and we'll try to put you together with other individuals). $240 per team, $20 per person. Registration ends Sunday, April 22nd.
To Parents of All Hanover Township Little League Baseball Players,
As you may have heard to provide a safer playing environment, all 2017 or earlier Little League baseball bats will be disallowed for use in the 2018 season. Our Little League has had several meetings on this subject and would like to share the following information to assist you in obtaining eligible equipment for the upcoming season.
For the first time, Little League players will also be eligible to utilize big barrel (2-5/8 inch) type bats as well as the traditional 2-1/4” barrel bat.
All of the major bat manufactures are offering 2018 eligible bats that can be currently purchased at most sporting goods stores with prices ranging between $30 and $350. Depending on the size and swing of your player a more expensive bat may provide better performance.
While we encourage players to obtain their own personal bats, it is not a requirement. Hanover Township Little League will have a limited number of eligible bats available for each team at every level of play.
For those players interested in purchasing their own bat, we recommend you do some research to obtain a properly fitted bat for your child.
Eligible bats must display the “USA BASEBALL" logo which are any one of the following:
As the parent of a Little Leaguer®, you are committed to making your child's sports experience as rewarding as possible. Via their website, Little League® Baseball and Softball offers some tips on participating as a volunteer in your local league, as well as ways you can help develop the concepts of character, courage and loyalty in your Little Leaguer.
Check out the latest edition of their Parent Newsletter, an informative, educational and entertaining publication designed specifically for parents and families. You can join Little League's mailing list to receive the newsletter and other publications that you may find of interest.
1) Check your spam
2) Make sure HTLL is a safe sender (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts or if logged into your HTLL account, in your personal information section, click on "Add us as a safe sender" under your email address.
3) Email the webmaster (email@example.com)