The Board has decided to extend early bird registration cost ($275 - for our tackle levels) for this weekend through next Wednesday. Parents who have registered at the $325 cost will be adjusted and we will reach out to you soon. Each level would love to add more players to their respective squad and put a competitive fun team in place for our August practices.
Come join us! Coaches are ready to provide a safe, fun, and great learning environment to play football!
Entering our new league, NJSYFL - New Jersey Surburban Youth Football League, http://www.njsyfl.com/index.php, we are all committed to a safe environment for our players.
Please review our assessment to our previous league to NJSYFL HERE.
From town halls, clinics, and coaches reaching out and addressing questions, we want to answer all your questions. Please reach out to me as well - Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, NJSYFL and respective coaches from each town assess all players and provide input to player level in the league. Check out more information using the link mentioned above.
We will have three free football clinics each Monday for the remainder of July,
to get your children ready for the upcoming season, and to have some fun!
Each clinic will be at the new turf field at the polo grounds from 6-8 p.m.
The next clinic will be Monday, July 16th.
For the clinics on July 23rd and 30th, we will distribute equipment,
and accept various registration paperwork (SHM-Physician forms, birth certificate copies for 4th grade and up, volunteer waiver deposit, equipment bond, etc.)
You will receive follow-up emails in the coming days and weeks regarding their availability on the website to print out.
A fun addition to the clinics will be pizza and ice cream for the kids after the clinic on the 23rd and a NFL alum night on the July 30th clinic.
Most importantly –
These clinics will also offer an opportunity for you to speak with board members and coaches to ask questions about the upcoming season.
For example, we can clarify that:
· Your children will have a significantly greater opportunity to play on a team with children in their own grades due to greater flexibility with birth date cut-offs, and weight exceptions.
· Your children are participating on teams with lower weight limits for running back eligible players than in our old league.
· Will not be playing football at any level with kickoffs or free kicks on safeties. This reduces the situations where high velocity impact events can occur.
· Children at lower levels will only be permitted to line up (on the offensive and defensive lines) in two point stances.
· Any child proposed as a weight exception player in our league must be evaluated (during scrimmages in August) and unanimously approved by the entire league in order to play with children their same age.
We will be present at all league evaluations to ensure that weight exception players are placed on the appropriate teams based on their size, skill, and age. Specifically, we will watch these players scrimmage, and if one team of the thirty teams in our league rejects a weight exception player, that player must move up to a level deemed most appropriate for their size, skill, and age by their entire league.
There are many more safety enhancements for this new league to share with you.
We look forward to seeing you at the clinics this month!
We hope to see you all at the safety discussion meeting tonight at Mendham High School (7:15 - 8:45pm at The Mendham High School Auditorium (65 E Main St, Mendham, NJ 07945).
Two things to emphasize –
1. This meeting is open to all families in our community, regardless of your participation in the football program.
2. This offers our families the best opportunity to ask direct questions about head safety. We owe it to ourselves, to our coaches who volunteer their time, and to our kids, to make the most educated and informed decisions as it relates to their participation in youth sports (particularly contact sports).