Category: Merchant Accounts
Error codes Nimbu$ Add account
The Merchant Account section is where all information regarding your credit card merchant accounts and PayPal accounts are kept. This information includes the Transaction Key, Merchant Login ID and credit card types that are accepted (Visa, Mastercard, etc). You must check off the appropriate merchant account box on your registration programs, online forms and in the Properties section of the online store to be able to accept credit card payment. If any information needs to be changed or updated, such as Transaction Keys, they only need to be updated in this area and not on each form or store.
It's a beautiful thing.
Accept e-checks and credit cards online. Just $0.75 per transaction for e-checks and 2.8% + $0.30 for credit cards.
No monthly charges. No reporting fees. No compliance questionnaires. Just straight cash.Learn more *service available to paying customers only
Get started accepting echecks and credit cards with Nimbu$ and Dwolla by going to
Admin > Config > Merchant Accounts within your site and clicking Get Started.
Adding a new merchant account
Admin > Config > Merchant Accounts and click the Add account option in the top right corner of the page.
Downloading transaction reports
The website includes a reporting tool that allows you to download and view all payment records in your website. To generate these reports, navigate to the Merchant Account page and click the option next to each account that is setup.
- Account Name
- This is the name that you will choose to identify your merchant account/PayPal account. This name will appear on all of your registrations and online forms setups, next to a checkbox. If you have multiple accounts, you will see multiple checkboxes. Simply check the account that you wish to use.
- Here, you can write a brief description of your merchant account and its purpose. This can be particularly helpful if you have multiple accounts for different purposes. For example, if your organization uses one merchant account for registrations and another for the online store, you can use this field to describe the use of each.
- Gateway Type
- In this section, you will select the appropriate payment gateway for your merchant account. Selecting an account type will display the necessary fields below that need to be completed.
- M_ID (Merchant Login ID)
- This field is used for your M_ID, also known as the merchant account login ID or API Login ID. For Pay Pal accounts, this field should be used for your Pay Pal Account ID.
- M_Key (Transaction Key)
- This field is to be filled with your M_Key or transaction key. Your M_Key/transaction key is acquired from your payment gateway company (i.e. Sage or AuthorizeNet). If you ever need to change or update the transaction key, the change will be updated on all programs using the account.
- Use the checkboxes provided here to denote the types of credit cards that your merchant account accepts. If you are using Pay Pal, all of the boxes will be checked by default and cannot be changed, due to the fact that Pay Pal accepts all of the defined payment methods.
- Send Receipts to
- This field should be filled in if you wish to have a responsible party receive an email of all payment receipts for this account. Keep in my mind that this party will receive an email for EVERY pay receipt that is processed through this account. If you are a member of a large organization, this may be quite a large number of emails being sent to this party.
Merchant Account Errors
In most cases, the merchant account you are using is from a third-party such as Sage Payments or Authorize.net. When using these vendors to process payments, occassionally they may present an error message indicating that your account is not setup properly, or perhaps one of your customers entered some wrong information. In this case, contact your merchant account provider with the error code and they will be able to help. As always, LeagueAthletics.com support is always here to point you in the right direction.
Error code lookup:
Authorize.net error codes
Sage Payment error codes