Category: Vertical Pages
The "Vertical Menu Pages" option on the Admin menu brings up a form that allows you to add new pages to your web site. You can enter either HTML source code or just plain text in these new pages.
To add a new page quickly, go to the Home page of your site once your are logged in and hover over a Horizontal tab. From here, click the Add Page link and this will allow you to create a new page.
Heads-up! Horizontal tabs can only contain 16 top-level pages, however, you can add unlimited nested pages to the site using the Place Under option found below.
- Page Name
- This is the menu caption that will appear on the page tab once created. Also make sure your caption isn't already in use on the same menu.
- Page Type
- Select from different page types including a custom blank page, or one of out pre-built pages.
- Publish On
- This field will be filled in automatically with today's date whenever you create a page. You can change this to a date in the future if you'd like to hide the page until that time. Hidden pages will not be visible to the public but administrators logged in with page editing rights will still be able see them with a line through their menu text indicating their hidden status. This allows you access to edit or reinstate hidden pages by clicking their edit icon on the page itself. Enter any date you wish as long as it is in the correct format: "MM-DD-YYYY" or "MM/DD/YYYY." If left blank, the page will be assumed to be visible immediately.
- Expires After
- This field specifies the date after which the page will no longer be displayed to the public. You can use this feature to hide or archive pages during periods where they're not relevant or until needed later. Hidden pages will still exist in the system but will not be visible to the public. They will however appear with a line through their menu text when you're logged in with rights to edit pages. This allows you to edit or reinstate hidden pages by clicking their edit icon on the page itself. As above, dates should be in the format: "MM-DD-YYYY" or "MM/DD/YYYY." Since this field is optional, you can leave it blank in order to indicate that the page should not expire.
- You can optionally password protect this page by entering a password here. If specified, visitors will be prompted to enter the password before they can view the page.
- "New" Alert Icon
- If selected, the flashing new icon will show on this page until the visitor clicks on the page.
- Place Under
- Select the menu on which to display a link to your new page. Choose either a top level menu tab or another page. If you choose another page, the current page will become a sub-page, or "nested" under the parent page. You can build a tree structured menu of pages in this way.
- Use this window to arrange the page position as you want it to appear on your site.
Edit Page Content
Deleting a page
To delete a page from your site, login as a site admin and go directly to the page you want to remove. In the top right corner of the page click the Delete button to delete the page.
- This is the path to this page on your website.
- Optionally enter the address of another web page you'd like this page to be redirected to when its menu item is clicked. If you check the "New Window" box to the right, the page will be displayed in a new browser window.
- This entry determines the amount of whitespace that will appear to the right and left of your page entry. This amount is entered in pixels and set to a default of 10 for all new pages created.
- Page Colors
- Use the Background, Text and Link color fields to specify colors for your page. Use the palette buttons to select colors from a pop up display or type RGB color values directly.
You can also choose to make the page's background transparent by clicking that choice on the pop up display or by simply typing the word "transparent" into the background field. In this case, the site's background will be used.
Note: If you leave any of these fields blank (the default), your message will inherit its colors from those specified on the Page Content form. If you make it a practice of not entering colors for individual pages, you can use the Appearance page settings to globally change all your pages. This will also make for a more consistent look throughout your site. For this reason, it is recommended that you only enter color values on the page form for pages that need to be different for some reason.
- Text Window
- Use the large text editing window to compose or paste your page's text. If you are using most any modern browser, you will be able to take advantage of our WYSIWYG editor to format your page.
Adding a link on a page
You can link to a page or document in any content area on your site by highlighting some text or image within the Text Window, and clicking the link icon in the editor's toolbar.
After you submit the form, your new page will appear on the menu of your choice. If you've already logged into the Admin area, your page will have three icons at the top. The first can be used to edit the page properties. The second can be used to bring up the entry form for editing. You can then edit the text, change the menu, or the page's menu caption. The third button can be used to delete the page altogether.