US LACROSSE YOUTH COUNCIL
EVENT PARTICIPATION CONTRACT & PLEDGE
I, as a player, coach, parent, spectator or official, pledge to conduct myself in a manner that
complies with the US Lacrosse Youth Council "Code of Conduct" at all times. Accordingly, I
1. "Honor the Game";
2. Demonstrate respect to other players, coaches, and parents; officials; and spectators;
3. Uphold the essential elements of the USL Youth Council "Code of Conduct", which are
HONESTY and INTEGRITY;
4. Demonstrate and Encourage good sportsmanship and the concepts of fair play;
5. Focus on fun and participation;
6. Know and abide by the Rules of Lacrosse, the established guidelines, and all eligibility
7. Understand that the safety and welfare of all concerned is the top priority;
8. Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment that is important for all youth
Further, I pledge NOT to:
1. Ever use profanity at a youth event;
2. Criticize coaches, players, or game officials;
3. Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
This contract and pledge must be signed by any player, coach, official, and parent who wishes to
participate in any USL Youth Council event.
By signing this document, I agree to abide by and uphold the above stated "Code of Conduct"
and understand that violating this Code either by commission or omission will be subject to
penalties as stated in the in the "Code of Conduct" which has been provided to all chapters,
coaches, and officials.
SIGNATURE : ______________________________________ DATE : ______________
NAME (Printed) : _________________________________________________________
CHAPTER / TEAM AFFILIATION : ___________________________________________
CHECK ONE: ________ ________ _______ ________ ______
Player Coach Parent Official Other