Dillsburg Youth Baseball (DYB) offers supervised instructional baseball to children ages 4 to 18 years of age. In addition to our spring ball program, DYB provides opportunities for clinics, summer all- star tournaments, and fall ball.
Positive, energetic and dedicated coaches and volunteers play a key role in a successful organization.
On this page we will offer resources to help you throughout the season. Check back for updates.
10 Positive Coaching Tips: 1. Applaud effort and attitude more than performance.
2. Look for positives, and make a big deal out of them.
3. Stay calm when my kids make mistakes.
4. Have reasonable and realistic expectations.
5. Treat players with respect, avoiding put-downs, sarcasm and ridicule.
6. Remind players not to get down on themselves.
7. Remember not to take myself too seriously during the game.
8. Maintain a positive attitude, with lots of laughter and a sense of humor.
9. Emphasize team work and help my kids think "we" instead of "me".
10. Be a role model of good sportsmanship:
(a) Winning without gloating
(b) Losing without complaining
(c) Treating opponents and officials with fairness, generosity and courtesy.
DYB Little League is fully committed to the safety and protection of all children enrolled in our programs. We comply with all Little League policies and regulations and Pennsylvania state laws regarding background checks for all our coaches and volunteers.
NEW PA VOLUNTEER CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
On October 22, 2014 Governor Corbett signed into law House Bill 435 amending Title 23 (Domestic Relations) Statute. This new law defines new clearance requirements for adult volunteers having direct contact with children.
If the volunteer HAS been a resident of PA continuously for the past 10 years this is what you need:
2.PA Child Abuse Clearance , click hereto complete online (*Free), mail or e-mail results to DYB
3. PA Criminal Background Clearance, click here to complete online(*Free), mail or e-mail results to DYB
4. Background Check Signature Form, click here to download form, mail or e-mail to DYB
If the volunteer has NOT been a resident of PA continuously for the past 10 years, in the addition to the above documentation, a FBI Criminal Background Check (fingerprint check) for federal criminal history records needs to be completed.
5. FBI Fingerprint Check, click here, mail results to DYB
Copies of clearance documents from items 2, 3, 4 and potentially 5 above must be submitted and received by DYB at the address below, before any coach or volunteer can take the field. Practices usually start in Mid March. These clearances may take several weeks to process.
P.O. Box 96
Dillsburg, PA 17019
or e-mail to
For questions related to the new clearance requirements for volunteers or the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, please contact the ChildLine Verification Unit at 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422.