Quito Little League is an organization of volunteers dedicated to serving the youth in our community. The commitment is to provide a little league program with qualified leadership. Safety, training, participation, fun, sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play
"Single A" is a developmental Division. The A Division is non-competitive; coaching emphasis is upon player instruction and development. Batters will be introduced to live pitching with 5 coach pitches and then use the tee if necessary. Division rules are in-place to mandate player rotation in a variety of positions. Ten players are assigned to field positions each inning, and all roster players bat whether assigned to a field position or not. Participation trophies are given to all players at the end of the season.
- Learn the fundamentals of how to hold, aim and throw a ball.
- Learn the fundamentals of fielding ground balls with emphasis on proper stance and glove position.
- Learn the fundamentals of catching fly balls with emphasis on moving to the ball location and proper glove and hand position.
- Learn the fundamentals of base running.
- Learn the fundamentals of batting.
- Learn to love the game of baseball and come back next year!