Quito Little League is an organization of volunteers dedicated to serving the youth in our community. The commitment is to provide a little league program with qualified leadership. Safety, training, participation, fun, sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play
Tryouts are required to assess ability.
Allowable age range: 10-12
- 11 & 12 yr olds who have mastered the skills of AAA
Rules Restrictions: By LL Rule, all 12 yr olds regardless of skill MUST play in this division unless the Parent/Guardian signs a waiver stating otherwise.
Majors is considered a highly competitive Division. Managers draft players based upon tryout ratings and their individual team needs. Each player must play a minimum of three innings in a six-inning game. Coaches focus on developing individual and overall team skills to field the most competitive team. Nine players are assigned to field positions and all 12 players bat with the exception of inter-league games where local rules may vary. Game scores and standings are recorded. The First Place team advances to the District Level Tournament of Champions (TOC’s)
- Develop batting mechanics and pitch selection
- Develop accurate throws from outfielders to proper cutoff person.
- After fielding the ball knowing where to make the throw and getting it there. Develop fielding strategies based on skills
- Reading signals from Coach/Manager and implementing directives.
- Arm strengthening and accuracy thru practices (long toss)
- Working as a team to get outs
- Pitching emphasis is to develop good mechanics and injury prevention/arm care.
- Catcher skills include developing pitch calling skills, accurate throws, minimize pass balls, etc. - Good Sportsmanship!
There are usually 2 practice per week and 2 games, one of which is always on Saturday. Majors’ teams also play teams from other local leagues in "interlock play”.