Quito Little League is an organization of volunteers dedicated to serving the youth in our community. The commitment is to provide a little league program with qualified leadership. Safety, training, participation, fun, sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play
Tryouts are required to assess ability.
Allowable age range: 13-14
Geared for: 13 & 14 yr olds who have mastered the skills of Majors.
Rules Restrictions: Games are played on a MLB diamond, 90ft between bases and 60 ft 6 inches from the pitcher's mound to home plate. The outfield fences are also further, with distances will vary by field.
Juniors is considered a highly competitive Division. Managers draft players based upon tryout ratings and their individual team needs. Coaches focus on developing individual and overall team skills to field the most competitive team. Game scores and standings are recorded.
- Good Sportsmanship!
- Develop batting mechanics and pitch selection
- Develop accurate throws from outfielders to proper cutoff person.
- After fielding the ball knowing where to make the throw and getting it there. Develop fielding strategies based on skills
- Reading signals from Coach/Manager and implementing directives.
- Arm strengthening and accuracy thru practices (long toss)
- Working as a team to get outs
- Pitching emphasis is to develop good mechanics and injury prevention/arm care.
- Catcher skills include developing pitch calling skills, accurate throws, minimize pass balls, etc.
Juniors also interlocks with other nearby Little Leagues.