Position: Executive Director
Reports to: President of Dunwoody Senior Baseball
Dunwoody Senior Baseball
DSB runs a series of youth baseball programs on two fields at Dunwoody Park on Roberts Drive, less than one-mile north of Dunwoody Village. These programs include the North Atlanta Middle School League, Spring and Fall Rec Ball for ages 13-18, and the college-age-plus Summer Wood Bat League.
In addition, Dunwoody Park is the year-round home to five DSB Diablos travel teams, ages 13-16, and rents its fields for weekend tournaments sponsored by other organizations, such as Triple Crown Sports, Cornerstone Sports and Men’s Amateur Baseball League.
DSB operates under a contract with the City of Dunwoody. The City provides funding for capital projects and assists with on-going turf maintenance.
The Executive Director is responsible for day-to-day operations of Dunwoody Senior Baseball, as follows:
- Field Maintenance – Coordinate with the City of Dunwoody to ensure fields are well maintained
- Field Preparation – Perform or direct DSB staff based on schedule needs
- Park Operation – Lights, scoreboards, parking, trash, etc.
- Coordination of DSB Staff
- Officer of the Day (volunteer)
- Field Prep Crew
- Gate Crew (tournaments)
- Scoreboards & Scorers
- Coordination with others
- Vendors for supplies & services
- City of Dunwoody
- DSB Sponsors
- Tournament sponsors
- Concession stand operator
- Schedule Development – Assist with or do
- Update website for schedule, field status, news
The skills required to be successful in this job include:
- Maintaining a friendly, pleasant demeanor – good interpersonal skills
- Working independently.
- Prioritizing among competing alternatives.
- Having a coach’s level knowledge of baseball.
- Paying attention to detail and being well organized.
- Writing and verbal communication skills.
- Operating a PC or Mac and being familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Being physically active outdoors.
Hours & Compensation
This is a year-round job that requires weekend work. It pays $20 per hour for an average of 20 hours per week. Pay is reported on Form W-2.
To apply for this opportunity, you must provide all of the following:
- A one-page cover letter describing why you want this job and why you are qualified.
- A current resume indicating the experience that qualifies you for this job.
- Three professional references, with contact information, that can be called or emailed.
Please email your response to Jerry Weiner, President, Dunwoody Senior Baseball.
. No phone calls, please.
Please note that we will not be able to respond to anyone that does not meet the qualifications listed above or fails to apply as requested.