The success of the Chatham United Recreation Soccer program depends on our parent volunteers. Please consider volunteering to help with your child's soccer team. You do not need soccer experience and we will support you every step of the way:
- Weekday sessions are run by professional trainers from United Soccer Academy so there is no need for you to be available on weekdays
- Professional trainers are available during weekend games to assist you
- USA will hold a parent training session at the beginning of the season
- We will provide worksheets via the web with activities for you to run with the children prior to the Saturday games
We are looking for the following volunteers:
- Head Coach - responsible for communication with team parents, handing out uniforms, running games on Saturday
- Assistant Coach - responsible for assisting the Head Coach with games on Saturday
All Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches must undergo Background Checks consistent with Chatham Recreation's policy. Click here for more information.
All Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches must take the Rutgers Safety Training Course. For more details and to register click here.
If you would like to volunteer you can indicate your interest when registering your child.
Please note that we cannot add you as a coach until Chatham Recreation provides clearance on your background status to us. It is your responsibility to follow up with Chatham Recreation if your background check has not returned. We must form teams based on coaches that are cleared. If you are not yet cleared we can add you once your background clearance comes through, however we only do so until approximately 3 weeks into the season. After three weeks we submit our final player and coach list to our insurance provider and we can no longer add players or coaches to the program.
Strongly Recommended for Our Coaches
Creating the safest playing environment for youth players and their families is of paramount importance to NJ Youth Soccer, US Youth Soccer and US Soccer. With that in mind, we share a reminder about the “Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sports Authorization Act of 2017.” This content includes free education and training opportunities available to our members.
NJ Youth Soccer does strongly recommend that our members take the program provided by the US Center for SafeSport.
- US Center for SafeSport: To enroll in this program just click on the link below, click on “Sign In,” click on “Register.” When prompted, make sure to select US Soccer as your NGB and then enter the access code proved below.
- In order to complete your course registration you will receive an email to confirm your email address. You must respond to this email to activate your account.
- Upon completion print out your certificate and keep on file.
Click here to link to the applicable page of the NJ Youth Soccer website.
Thank you for your time and commitment to player safety.
NJ Youth Soccer