Welcome to Raptors Basketball
Registration: $330 (closes October 15, 2018)
*UNIFORMS can be purchased online during registration and are approximately $90
*We are using SAME UNIFORMS as last year, existing players are not required to order new ones.
Raptors Athletics is the youth sports league servicing Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Sedalia, and Larkspur areas. Raptors Athletics operates under our area's existing Arapahoe Youth League (AYL) membership, the premier youth competitive sports league in the South metro Denver area.
AYL Basketball Teams:
- Cherry Creek Bruins
- Eagles (Denver Area)
- Hawks (Parker Area)
- Raptors (Castle Rock Area)
- Spartans (Aurora Area)
- Stallions (North Aurora Area)
- Littleton Thunder
- Warriors (Highlands Ranch Area)
Practices are typically held 2 times a week for 1.5 hrs. Either a Mon/Weds or Tues/Thurs. Locations are at local schools in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, or Sedalia.
Games for 2nd and 3rd graders are held on Friday evenings. All other grade levels play on Saturdays. Home games are played in Castle Pines or Castle Rock. Away games are determined by AYL (visit www.AYLsports.org for a list of teams in our league).
League play runs from November through February, for boys and girls teams from 2nd through 8th grade. Season will consist of preseason games, 8 regular season games, and a playoff tournament at the end of the season. Dates are subject to change.
- Registration is open until October 15, 2018.
- Raptors Basketball Night (evaluations/uniform fitting/fan wear) - date and location TBD
- Practice Starts: Week of October 29th, 2018
- AYL Basketball Schedules posted: November 14, 2018
- Preseason Games: November 16 - 17, 2018
- First Season Games: November 30 and December 1, 2018
- Final Season Games: February 9, 2019
- Playoff Tournament: February 11 – 19, 2018
- Finals: February 22-23, 2019
Levels of Play:
- Division 1: This level of competition is intended for kids who have been playing basketball consistently and understand fundamentals of ball handling and basic game rules. Teams that have played together in other leagues for at least 1 year should consider playing at this level. Returning AYL teams that have a greater than 50% winning record AND 60% or more of their players returning are encouraged to play at this level.
- Division 2: This level of competition is intended for kids who desire a competitive basketball experience but may not have been playing on a consistent team in previous years or are just moving up from a recreational league.