In the event a player wishes to discontinue playing lacrosse, a refund will be given according to the policy and schedule below.
- Refunds will be prorated by the number of weeks a player is registered.
- A week will begin on Monday at 12:00 a.m. and end on Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Once a new week begins, the entire week will be considered as registered. If a refund is requested at any point during the week, that entire week will be considered as registered and credit will be given beginning with the following week except where the exception below exist.
- If a player is considered to be registered for at least half the season, regardless of participation, no refund will be given.
- Regardless of the reason a player decides to stop playing lacrosse, the registration status will be used to calculate the refund.
- In the event of an injury, it will be the responsibility of the player's family to cancel their registration and get a refund according to the guidelines above.
- Players who register after the season begins will be considered as registered from the beginning of the season.
Some examples are provided below to guide families in the event of a refund.
Example 1: On Monday of the 4th week of a 12 week season, a player decides to stop playing lacrosse and requests a refund. Because the 4th week has already started, the player will be charged for 4 weeks and his refund will be prorated to 8 weeks. If the fee were $120 for the season, the player would receive an $80 refund.
Example 2: On Monday of the 3rd week of a 6-week season, a player decides to stop playing lacrosse. In this example, the player would be charged for the 3rd week of the season which represents half of the season and no refund will be given.
Example 3: On Thursday of the 2nd week of a 6 week season, a player decides to stop playing lacrosse. In this case, the player would be charged for 2 weeks and receive a refund for 4 weeks.
Example 4: On Thursday of the 4th week of a 12-week season, a player gets hurt. If the family requests his registration to be canceled by the end of that week, they will only be charged for 4 weeks and refunded for 8 weeks. However, if the family doesn't request a refund until Monday of the 6th week, then the player would be considered as registered for half the season and no refund will be given.
Example 5: If a player registers during the 3rd week of a 6-week season, he will be considered as registered for 3 full weeks. If the player requests a refund later in that same week, no refund will be given as the player will be considered as registered for half the season.
In many other youth sports programs, no refunds are given once a player is registered. This refund policy was created to be fair and upfront with our families while allowing us to better manage income and expenses. We appreciate your understanding of this policy.