To ensure the health and safety of our players, SRHS requires baseline concussion testing. This is a non-invasive procedure (video-game type format) that takes about 15-20 minutes. All results are confidential. Testing is recommended every 18-24 months if there has been no injury.
Players who need testing:
Most incoming Freshmen and Juniors. Players who:
- Have NOT had a screening done after March 1, 2017.
- Had a head injury since their last test. Any player that has experienced a head injury since their last test also needs to have been officially 'cleared to play' by their medical physician.
We have arranged with the Portland Clinic 9250 SW Hall Blvd for your players to have this done at NO CHARGE to you. The league will pick up the cost for this. Please call for an appointment as soon as possible. Testing must be done before tryouts start on February 25th.
1. Call Portland Clinic, Dr. Christ (Orthopedics): 503-293-0161
2. Schedule concussion test – notify them you are with Southridge High School Lacrosse
3. Once the test is complete mail the Portland Clinic’s completion slip to :
14845 SW Murray Scholls Dr., Ste 110, PMB # 213, Beaverton, OR 97007. Or drop it off at
the Postal Annex (same address as above).
Players who DO NOT need testing:
- They have had a screening done after March 1, 2017 (even if for another sport).
Please provide us proof of testing (not results) so that we have documentation on file.