Menlo-Atherton Little League
Hit-A-Thon May 15, 2016
On Sunday May 15th we will be conducting our Hit-a-Thon and Home Run Derby at Burgess Park. Last year we set records in participation, donations, and fun and we’re hoping to do so again in 2016! The snack shack will be open, music will be playing, and we will end the day with baseballs flying out of the ballpark in the 12 year old HR Derby. The younger players love it…so save the date!
The Hit-a-Thon is our only annual fundraiser. The event funds a substantial portion of our operating budget, and contributes to the positive youth sports experience and strong community building that our league provides. Funds generated go towards areas such as:
- Player and coach development
- Field equipment to ensure our fields are properly maintained and safe
- City field usage and maintenance fees (not only do we pay to use our fields, but we also supplement their maintenance to provide above average playing conditions)
- Scholarships to ensure a positive baseball experience for everyone in our community
We need your (players’) help to make sure we have enough resources to continue to provide a positive community experience for this year and beyond!
We’ll be incorporating individual and team based incentives to get players excited and to reward them for their fundraising efforts. This is a great opportunity for our kids to build the habit of giving back and rallying teams around a common goal.
A few prizes from last year included:
- One week summer baseball camp scholarships from sponsors Xtreme Baseball and Menlo Park Legends
- Signed memorabilia from SF Giants players
- Easton Mako bats, batting gloves, backpacks and batting helmets
- Free pair of Nike Elite socks (for every player that raised at least $100)
- PlayStation 4 console with MLB The Show 2016
Be on the lookout for more information. Your oaches will be communicating additional details in the coming days about how you and your player can participate in this great event.
Thanks in advance for your continued support of little league. We look forward to seeing all of you on May 15th!