Shrub Oak Lacrosse (“SOL”), a division of Shrub Oak Athletic Club (“SOAC”) and the Hudson Valley Chapter of US Lacrosse, abide by a strict Code of Conduct governing all coaches, players, officials and parents. The purpose of the Code is to ensure that all of those people associated with lacrosse in the area treat each other with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players, parents, coaches and officials. All members of SOL agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code. It is understood that by enrolling into the SOL program that players, parents and coaches are all bound by this Code of Conduct and its validity is hereby a matter of record and is not dependant upon physical signature.
All enforcement decisions made by the officials of SOL and SOAC are final and are not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from the club for violating the Code of Conduct.
SOL CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches, who are volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Do not EVER criticize other players irregardless of the circumstance.
6. Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with the coach on the following day.
7. If there is a serious problem, notify either the Director\Commissioner of SOL.
8. Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
1. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
3. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example.
5. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
6. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field.
7. Don't be afraid to make mistakes; that's part of learning.
8. Learn from your coaches; practice hard; play smart; Have Fun!
9. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. A coach is a role model, who must act with the highest moral character possible.
2. Coaches must reinforce the self image of each player. A coach must be positive and constructive.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials.
4. Teach the rules of lacrosse. Abide by those rules in practices and games.
5. Establish objectives for the team and players and inform them of team and individual goals.
6. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices.
7. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself, SOL\SOAC is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, siblings and guests at all times when in or around games or practices as a member of SOL\SOAC.
2. During a tournament or game when you are away, you represent your town and SOL\ SOAC. Any conduct such as destruction of property or any other activity will not be tolerated. This rule applies for the entire time one is away for a game or tournament.
3. The SOL and Board of Directors of SOAC will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate. ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY A TUITION REFUND.
US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct Statement
I, as a player, coach, parent, spectator or official, pledge to conduct myself in a manner that complies with the US Lacrosse Youth Council "Code of Conduct" at all times. Accordingly, I pledge to:
Further, I pledge NOT to:
- "Honor the Game";
- Demonstrate respect to other players, coaches, and parents; officials; and spectators;
- Uphold the essential elements of the USL Youth Council "Code of Conduct", which are HONESTY and INTEGRITY;
- Demonstrate and Encourage good sportsmanship and the concepts of fair play;
- Focus on fun and participation;
- Know and abide by the Rules of Lacrosse, the established guidelines, and all eligibility requirements;
- Understand that the safety and welfare of all concerned is the top priority;
- Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment that is important for all youth sporting events;
- Ever use profanity at a youth event;
- Criticize coaches, players, or game officials;
- Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
I agree to abide by and uphold the above stated "Code of Conduct" and understand that violating this Code either by commission or omission will be subject to penalties as stated in the in the "Code of Conduct" which has been provided to all chapters, coaches, and officials.
For the full version of the US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct, follow this hyperlink: http://www.uslacrosse.org/info/codefull.phtml