GIRLS MAJORS SOFTBALL OVERVIEW
The Girls Majors Softball Division is a competitive softball league for Little League Age 9 through 12-year old girls (see the Little League Age Determination HERE). Team placement is through a mandatory pre-season player assessment process and a division draft. Girls Majors Softball managers and coaches reinforce softball fundamentals, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fun.
Practices begin on March 14, 2018, and games begin on our official Opening Day, April 7, 2018. Regular season league and inter-league games are played on a weekday evening and Saturdays at a variety of locations in our local Roaring Fork and Eagle Valleys and to the west (between TRLL and the Colorado/Utah border). The regular season concludes May 25, 2018, with tournament play occurring the week of May 28, 2018.
- Majors teams will play approximately 12-15 league and inter-league games, as well as an end-of-season tournament
- Players on a Majors team should expect to be on the field 4-5 times per week with games and practices
- New in 2018, TRLL has league sponsors who will provide each player with a team jersey, hat, belt and socks
- TRLL will provide baseballs and catchers equipment to use during the season
- Also new in 2018, a sponsor has provided 2 LLI compliant bats for each team to use during the season
- The players must provide the balance of their uniforms (cleats, pants, under-garments), baseball glove and a bag; if necessary
- Rosters may be composed of between 10 and 15 players
- The field layout used is a 60-foot diamond and the pitching distance is 40 feet
Parents are welcome to become involved in Three Rivers Little League. After completing a Little League Volunteer Application and passing a required national background check, parents may become involved in practices, and be eligible as coaches, managers, umpires, local league board members and other volunteer positions within the League.
Players in the Girls Major Softball Division are eligible for selection to an All-Star Team that will participate in a post-season tournament at the District, State, Regional and potentially at the International level in July and August. Practices begin the first of June. To participate in LL All-Stars on behalf of TRLL players must reside within the geographic boundaries defined for TRLL. For more information on player eligibility please contact the All Stars Manager, Tom Barton, or check the TRLL geographic boundaries.
Girls Majors Softball Pre-Season Assessments
All players who register for Girls Majors Softball must attend a Pre-Season Assessment. Assessments are tentatively scheduled for March 3rd or 4th, 2018. Specific times and locations will be published on www.3riversll.com and updates will be emailed to players that have registered for Girls Majors Softball. Players need only attend ONE Assessment date. In the case of inclement weather, tryouts will be held at an alternate indoor location specified by town. All 9 through 12-year old’s will be drafted onto a Girls Majors Softball team. The purpose of the assessments is to ensure that players are registered for the division that best matches their playing level and to assist in forming balanced teams within each division.
Questions about Assessments? Contact your local Player Agent:
Roaring Fork Valley: Amy Bollock, Shane Larson, or Katie Winder
Eagle Valley: Michelle Courtney