In Attendance: Dave Perry, Ashley Hanson, Greg Ellis, Jeff Dipollina, Chris Holloway, Jamie Chambers
Call to Order by President Dave Perry
Roll Call Completed by Secretary Ashley Hanson
- Absent Board & Committee Members: Greg Toback, Joe Bragaw, Linda Mills
Overview of July 2016 minutes
- Nothing of interest to note
- Motion to approve made by G. Ellis, seconded by J. Dipollina; All present were in agreement.
Treasurer’s Report (see Treasurer’s Report for details)
- Pending check $2900 for 16-18U
- We are balanced at approximately $3100
- C. Holloway bought T-shirts to sell and brought in $1400
- Motion to approve made by A. Hanson, seconded by C. Holloway; All present were in agreement.
- Bank Statement for the month was given to G. Ellis
Reports of Committees
- Ways and Means Committee
- Received a check from M. Walker
- Castello’s is sending a donation to the league, unsure of the amount.
- D. Perry to follow-up with J. Chambers about pending sponsors.
- C. Chambers will put up signs for sponsors who have paid since the last meeting (Ramella, C. Chambers, Charter Oak)
o Still waiting on fonts for the Little League banner
- Four sponsors will be put on the Fall Ball shirts (Flanders Fish, Fast Signs, Illianos and possibly one other pending)
- Equipment Return
- C. Hollway, B. Yurelle and A. Casey still have equipment from previous season and need to return it for Fall Ball.
- Recognizing the 15U Tournament Team - Awesome job!
- Fall Ball
- Registration / Team Totals
- Open immediately until 9/7/2016. The cost will be $100 and the hope is to be able to create four teams
- Ordering T-Shirt this week
- Teams will be 13-15U but will be distributed evenly
- D. Perry to talk to A. Stefanski about whether 15 year olds who would have graduated BR would be eligible to play
- Player / Manager Selection
- There will be at least one evaluation day required. Dates are tentatively set for 9/7 and 9/8.
- Managers – D. Perry to put out an email that anyone who is interested needs to contact him
- Schedule (practice / games)
- Try to practice 1x a week; Games on the weekend
- Games will be scheduled through the District, but we can still play in- house. D. Perry will talk to A. Stefanski about game schedules and report back as needed.
- Games to start on the weekend after Labor Day (approximately 9/9)
- Concession Stand
- Try to open concession stand as much as possible to get rid of current stock. We will not be stocking up in Fall.
- Following Meetings have been approved and will be held in the Oliver Chendali Room at the East Lyme Parks and Recreation Department:
- September 14, 2016 @ 7:00 pm
o ANNUAL MEETING – October 12, 2016
- Please contact D. Perry ahead of time if you cannot make the meeting that way we can reschedule with ample amount of time if need be.
- G. Ellis motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by C. Holloway; all present were in agreement.