Spring 2019 Blue Devils Lacrosse registration
for all grades (K-8) is up and running.
The following is some general team info
for each age group.
K-2 BOYS/K-2 GIRLS
REGISTRATION: Your child’s registration fee of $250 includes a complimentary new lacrosse stick and spirit gear package. The sooner you register, the sooner you will receive the gear. Registration closes April 1st.
DIRECTORS: Brian Tretola, Boys' Director; Tommy Maxwell, Girls' Director.
PRACTICES: One-hour practices will be held at Haindl Field on Tuesdays and Saturdays beginning on April 23rd, running through June.
- Tuesday practices will run from 5:00-6:00pm or 6:00-7:00pm once high school sports schedules are finalized.
- Saturday practices will run from 5:00-6:00pm.
GAMES: There will be an opportunity to play some other teams towards the end of the season. Mark your calendars for The White Plains Jamboree to be held on June 8th—open to all 1st and 2nd graders.
EQUIPMENT: The following is required gear to be worn during practices and games.
- Boys: stick, helmet, gloves, arm guards, shoulder pads, mouth guard, protective cup.
- Girls: stick, mouthguard and eye goggles, (optional) gloves.
3RD-6TH GRADE BOYS/GIRLS
REGISTRATION: Your child’s registration fee of $375 includes a complimentary spirit gear package. The sooner you register, the sooner you will receive the gear. Registration closes March 10th.
COACHES: Each team will have a paid coach.
PRACTICES: One-and-a-half hour practices will start the week of March 11th (weather permitting) on Haindl Field. The plan is to have 2 practices a week in the early season. If weather cancels one of the practices, a makeup practice will be held on Friday. Below is a rough outline of practice schedule up until spring break. Once more fields become playable in April, the schedule will adjust.
- 3/4 Girls: Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30pm; Saturdays from 10:00am-11:30am
- 5/6 Girls: Mondays from 6:00-7:30pm; Saturdays from 11:00am-12:30pm)
- 3/4 Boys: Tuesdays from 7:00-8:30pm; Fridays from 6:00-7:30pm (this may change to Saturdays)
- 5/6 Boys: Mondays from 7:00-8:30pm; Saturdays from 10:00-11:30am
GAMES: We will kick off with Eastchester Blue Devil’s own "Shake off the Rust" Tournament to be held on Saturday, April 6th for Boys in grades 3-8th; Sunday, April 7th for Girls in grades 3-8th. After Shake off the Rust each team will have events two to three times a week with a combination of practices and games (except over spring break). A total of 10-14 games are scheduled, plus the Battle on the Edge tournament on May 18 & 19th.
7TH/8TH GRADE BOYS/GIRLS
REGISTRATION: Your child’s registration fee of $250 includes a complimentary spirit gear package. The sooner you register, the sooner you will receive the gear. Registration closes March 10th.
COACHES: Coach Okie, Boys' Team; Coach Joe, Girls' Team.
PRACTICES: One-and-a-half hour practices will start the week of March 11th (weather permitting) on Haindl Field. The plan is to have 1-2 practices a week in the early season. Below is rough outline of practice schedule for March.
- 7/8 Girls: Fridays from 6:00-7:30pm; Saturdays from 10:00-11:30am)
- 7/8 Boys - Fridays from (TBC); Saturdays from (TBC)
• For April through the remainder of the season, both teams will have fewer practices as we work around the schools’ modified schedules and focus mainly on games.
*** IMPORTANT - FOR ALL AGE GROUPS ***
After registering you will receive a Thank You email. DO NOT DELETE! YOU MUST OPEN. In this email there will be a link to order your team’s spirit pack. Your spirit pack will be delivered to your house at no charge. It takes 4 weeks for your spirit pack to be made and delivered. Please DO NOT wait until the last minute to register and have your child be the only one without the gear.