SKY Academy Objectives & Mission
The mission of the SKY Academy is to develop great people and enhance the communities in which we operate through soccer. The vision of the SKY Academy is to prepare our young players how to play soccer both technically and tactically, in a safe and constructive environment while participating at the highest level of national youth soccer.
SKY Academy also prepares players to be successful scholar-athletes in high school and college through education on healthy lifestyle choices and the college recruiting process.
SKY Academy Philosophy
SKY Academy is established for the specific purpose of developing a competitive youth soccer program whose goals are to achieve state and regional championship titles, as well as developing players capable of receiving college scholarships based on their playing ability and academic achievement. However, realization of these goals must be accomplished within the proper framework by instilling character, self-esteem, confidence, and sportsmanship within the youth athlete.
Achievement of these lofty and worthwhile objectives within the appropriate environment can only be reached through the mature behavior and the exemplary conduct of the coaches, parents, and officials of the Club. Their relationship with the players must be of the highest ethical and moral standards and be based upon concern and just principles that ensure equitable treatment in all circumstances.
An aggressive desire for victory combined with the procedural and graduated development of soccer skills through exceptional coaching and advanced training techniques is of paramount importance. Nevertheless, realization by all that soccer remains only a game is an inherent aspect of the philosophy of the Club that must always be recognized.
SKY Academy and our coaching staff strive to attract players and parents with these common interests:
- Creating an environment in which players can reach their full potential and achieve the self-confidence and positive self-esteem necessary to be successful both on and off the soccer field.
- Developing individual skills, and team tactics to enable players and/or teams to compete at the state and regional level.
- Preparing and assisting college bound players in obtaining playing opportunities and scholarships
- Guidance of prospective college student-athletes and young professionals
- Promoting the game of soccer
- Instilling a love for the game of futbol!