PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I will play hockey because I want to and for FUN, not because others want me to.
2. I will play by the rules of hockey and in the Spirit of the Game.
3. I will control my temper because I understand that fighting or mouthing-off can spoil the activity for everybody.
4. I will respect my coaches, teammates, my parents, my opponents and their fans.
5. I will do my best to be a true team player. I will encourage good team play.
6. I will remember that winning isn't everything and that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
7. I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect. I will never argue an officials decision.
8. I realize that school will take precedence over hockey.
9. I will not use vulgar or profane language, racial, ethnic or gender-related slurs toward teammates, coaches, officials, opponents or spectators.
10. I will refrain from banging my stick, trash-talking and hot-dogging during the course of a game.
11. I will behave and hold myself accountable at all times when representing my team in all public places, especially when traveling during away games.
12. I will respect my coach's decisions regarding instructions, ice time, practice, etc.
13. I will have FUN, but not waste valuable practice time and instruction time before and after games.
14. I will respect others property and belongings and the facility in which I play. I will leave the locker room in an orderly condition.
15. I agree that alcohol, tobacco products and banned substances have NO PLACE in HOCKEY!!
16. I agree not to endanger or create any safety hazards by throwing any objects haphazardly on or outside the playing surface or bench area.
17. I agree that there is no place for violent or overly aggressive play in hockey, where the obvious intent is to injure or harm another player.
18. I agree to do my best in all my endeavors on and off the ice and to conduct myself with class and dignity.
19. I agree to and will abide by all rules set forth in the USA Hockey Zero Tolerance Policy.
20. I agree to abide by the PYHA anti-bullying policy.