- The WAX Board of Directors shall have NINE (9)elected officers consisting of a Director, Assistant Director, Treasurer, Secretary, Field Maintenance and Field Equipment Coordinator, Boys’ Coordinator, Assistant Boys’ Coordinator, Girls’ Coordinator, and Assistant Girls’ Coordinator.
- Officers will be elected as defined by Article 15.
- Each officer shall serve a term of two years and take office at the July meeting following the election. The Director, Treasurer, Field Maintenance and Field Equipment Coordinator, Girls’ Coordinator, and Assistant Boys’ Coordinator will be elected on the odd number years (i.e. 2003). The Assistant Director, Secretary, Boys’ Coordinator, and Assistant Girl’s Coordinator will be elected on the even years beginning in 2004.
- In the event of a resignation or removal of a Board member, the remaining Board members will nominate and vote a replacement to complete the remainder of said term.
- All Board Members and Coaches serve at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
WAX mailing address:
Westminster Area Lacrosse
PO Box 343
Westminster, MD 21158-0343
General Duties of the Board of Directors
- Establish and enforce the “Rules and Policies” of the Westminster Area Lacrosse program.
- Maintain the organization and assures its continued existence and success.
- Define and administer budget and all financial responsibilities.
CLICK HERE to view the WAX Bylaws.
Meet the Board …
Andy Cignatta- Director
-Calls and conducts all Board and General WAX meetings.
-Manages the general operation of the program on a day-to-day basis.
-Supervises and directs the appointed commitees in the performance of their duties.
-Coordinates Board level attendance at youth lacrosse meetings and Westminster Recreation Council Meetings
-Acquires and coordinates all program fields and facilities
-Approves all public and general WAX correspondence
-Attends MYLA meetings or designates a WAX Representative
Bob Jenkins - Assistant Director
-Assists the Director in the performance of his/her duties.
-Assumes the responsibility of the Director in his/her absence, resignation, or removal.
Maggie Brooke - Treasurer
Contact Maggie: 443-604-1978
-Keeps accurate and up to date records of all financial activities related to WAX.
-Ensures prompt deposits of all monies in the WAX bank account(s) and the prompt payment of all WAX financial obligations.
-Manages and oversees all financial transactions of WAX.
-Provides WAX Board members with accurate financial reports, including documented list of all incoming and outgoing transactions at each regularly scheduled meeting.
VACANT - Field and Equipment Coordinator
-Manages the day-to-day maintenance of the fields allocated to WAX to include, but not limited to: Mowing, Rolling, and Lining.
-Provides accurate inventory to the WAX Board of Directors prior to, and at the conclusion of each session of all field equipment which could include, but not limited to: Goals, Nets, balls, coaching equipment, first aid items, Scoreboards, and Scorer's tables.
-Coordinates all volunteers, as it relates to the activities outlined above.
Amanda Stone - Secretary
-Schedules all WAX meetings in coordination with the Director
-Takes meeting minutes and documents WAX activities
-Coordinate rafffle fundraiser
Kevin Domboski - Boys' Coordinator
Contact Kevin: 410-382-5236
-Calls and conducts all coaches meetings for the boys' program.
-Manages the general operation of the boys' program on a day-to-day basis.
-Supervises and directs the boys' coaches and assistant coaches.
-Reports to the WAX Board of Directors information pertaining to the boys' program.
Chris Jones - Assistant Boys Coordinator
Contact Chris: 443.605.6611
-Assists the Boys' coordinator in the performance of his/her duties.
-Assumes the responsibility of the Boys' coordinator in his/her absence, resignation, or removal
Julie Moreland - Girls' Coordinator
-Calls and conducts all coaches meetings for the girls' program.
-Manages the general operation of the girls' program on a day-to-day basis.
-Supervises and directs the girls' coaches and assistant coaches.
-Reports to the WAX Board of Directors information pertaining to the girls' program.
Meghan Bunting - Assistant Girls' Coordinator
-Assists the Girls' coordinator in the performance of his/her duties.
-Assumes the responsibility of the Girls' coordinator in his/her absence, resignation, or removal.
WAX would would like to thank all former Board members for their generous time and support. Our former Directors of the Board are listed below:
- Randy Barnes
- Tony Chiavacci
- Scott McKelvie
- John Coakley
- Bob Jenkins
- Brian Baker