Merger between Lumberton, Hainesport and RV Soccer Clubs
After several joint board meetings, Hainesport, Lumberton and Rancocas Valley soccer clubs are excited to announce that starting in the 2017-18 season the clubs will merge together to become one club called Rancocas Valley Soccer Club. This past year there have been many changes in youth soccer. As a result, our clubs feel that this is the natural and obvious next step to provide the best method of development and competitive support for our players. We are confident that this is the best decision for all involved.
Here are some of the main reasons why we made the decision:
· Why? All of our clubs numbers have been slowly declining due to the lack of new development. All 3 clubs have been competing for the same core pool of players. This will allow us to come together, have multiple teams in age groups and have teams of all abilities. We would like to develop premier teams to keep our players in our towns and not losing them to other clubs.
· Why RV? Rancocas Valley High School is the regional school for the surrounding towns so it made sense to call the club RVSC.
· What happens to existing teams? Existing teams will be able to stay together. We will be coming together for a coaches meeting with all 3 clubs on 3/3/17 at the Westampton Court House with all of the coaches. The plan would be to have teams stay together unless all coaches agree to pool players. Younger teams will come together and be required to play age appropriate at U8.
· How will teams be ranked? Teams will be considered A, B, C… based on their rankings from the previous year. Example, if there are teams in flights 2, 5, and 8. The team in flight 2 is the A team, the team in flight 5 is the B team and the team in flight 8 is he C team.
· How will coaches be chosen? Previous coaches can continue to coach. If there are multiple coaches for one team we can review each coach’s situation and credentials. Premier teams will have professional paid coaches.
· How will tryouts be run? Tryouts will be scheduled over a 2 week period. We will have trainers run the tryouts so the coaches can observe players and discuss with parents. A schedule will be developed soon but we are looking to start tryouts the weekend of April 29-30.
· What will the fees be? Standard fees will be around $400 per player for the year. This will include league fees, ref fees, ball, practice shirt, 20 training sessions (10 for fall and 10 for spring) and equipment. Professional training, tournaments, futsal, etc. will be additional depending on what the coach wants to do.
· What fields will we play on? We will rotate fields between Lumberton, Hainesport and RV. We will try to accommodate all coaches to practice on the fields that they want.
· What is the makeup of the board? The new board will be made up of 9 members of the executive committee. There will be 3 members from each club.
We will be holding a town hall meeting for anyone interested on Friday, April 7th at the Westampton Court House. We will be available to answer any questions you might have.
Rosanne Tullio-Kwiatkowski, President, Lumberton Youth Association
Peter Scarpati, President, Hainesport SoccerClub
Larry Young, President, Rancocas Valley Soccer Club