Registration and payments are handled primarily online.
Registration for BBYL's Spring 2018 Lacrosse Season will begin on Sunday, November 05, 2017 and will close at midnight on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Registration fees for K - 8th grade will vary depending on your players grade level. Please see below for more information. 3rd - 8th grade will begin the first week of March and run until the end of season tournament around June 9, 2018.
Registration questions should be sent to Jeff Einarson at
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION:
- All players must live within the Beaverton High School (BHS) attendance boundary. Please click on the following link to see if you live within the boundary area. http://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/pdf/school_maps/beaverton.pdf . Players living outside the BHS attendance boundary are encouraged to register with their local TVYLL member club, see http://www.tvlax.com . Players living outside the BHS boundary that want to play on a BBYL team will need to go through a waiver process. For more information contact the BBYL president, Jeff Einarson, at
- All players must have a valid Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD) Number to participate. See below for instructions to obtain a THPRD #.
- All players, grades K - 8, must have a current US Lacrosse membership to participate. See below for instructions to purchase a US Lacrosse membership.
Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation Department (THPRD) ID Number
A valid THPRD ID number is mandatory to register for BBYL. During the registration process, you will be required to enter your THPRD ID number. If you live outside of the THPRD District Boundary, you will need to contact THPRD prior to registering and pay an assessment fee ($72 for the spring quarter in 2014) to get a THPRD ID number. For information regarding "out of district" fees, please visit https://www.thprd.org/activities/residencyinfo.cfm . For THPRD contact information and to see if your address is within THPRD boundaries visit https://www.thprd.org/portal/regpolicy.cfm .
US Lacrosse Membership
ALL BBYL participants, grades K through 8, are required to be members of US Lacrosse. The US Lacrosse yearly membership fee is $25 for players. You will be required to enter your valid US Lacrosse membership number during the registration process. The website will automatically try to validate your membership number. If you do not have a US Lacrosse membership or your membership expires before the end of the lacrosse season, the website will require you to purchase or renew your membership during registration. You may also go to www.uslacrosse.org and sign up for a membership before you register.
For grade K-2 players, a US Lacrosse membership is not necessary.
Players will be placed on teams based on their school, grade, and gender.
- Girls and Boys grade Kindergarten -2, coed
- Girls grade 3-4
- Boys grade 3-4
- Girls grade 5-6
- Boys grade 5-6
- Girls grade 7-8
- Boys grade 7-8
Parents who want their player to play at a different grade level will need to contact the BBYL president, Sam Woodward, at
Families registering multiple players are eligible to receive a $25.00 discount for each additional player.
Financial assistance is available to cover or reduce registration fees. This assistance is primarily provided through THPRD. For more information see http://thprd.org/activities/familyassistance.cfm . Questions can also be answered by Sam Woodward at
The deadline to request a refund of registration fees is February 28th, 2017. All refund requests must be made in writing (email) to
. All refunds will incur a $15 administration fee.
Grade K-2 Coed
Registration fee - $50.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $75.00
- 7 weeks of of clinic format Saturday sessions.
- Players will receive a BBYL t-shirt.
- Players will receive a Fiddle Stick to keep
Girls and boys grade K-2 equipment
- Girls or boys lacrosse stick - a new one give to all players.
- Cleats (recommended).
Grade 3-8 Girls
Registration fee for grade 3-4 Girls - $125.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $150.00
Registration fee for grade 5-6 Girls - $150.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $175.00
Registration fee for grade 7-8 Girls - $175.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $200.00
Girls grade 3-8 Equipment
- Girls lacrosse stick.
- Lacrosse protective eye goggles.
- Mouth guard.
- Cleats (highly recommended). Softball or soccer cleats are fine so long as they do not have steel cleats.
To rent equipment for the season, please click on "Equipment Rental" tab on the left side of the web page.
Grade 3-8 Boys
Registration fee for grade 3-4 Boys is $125.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $150.00
Registration fee for grade 5-6 Boys is $150.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $175.00
Registration fee for grade 7-8 Boys is $175.00 Late Fee - After 1/31/18 is $200.00
- Practices will be twice a week, March through May.
- Games will be held on Saturdays starting early April.
- Play follows modified NFHS boys Lacrosse rules, see http://www.oylax.org/rules.html .
- Players will be placed on teams based on their grade, 3-4, 5-6, or 7-8.
- Players will receive a reversible BBYL jersey
- Players provide their own equipment.
Boys grade 3-8 equipment
- Lacrosse stick.
- Lacrosse helmet.
- Lacrosse chest/shoulder pads.
- Lacrosse elbow pads.
- Lacrosse gloves.
- Mouth guard.
- Athletic cup.
- Cleats (highly recommended). Lacrosse, football, baseball, or soccer cleats are fine so long as they do not have steel cleats.
To rent equipment for the season, please click on the "Equipment Rental" tab on the left side of the web page.