Coaching Youth Baseball - The Ripken Way
The Hightstown East Windsor Youth Baseball League (HEWYBL) is committed to providing a quality youth sports experience for participants, parents, coaches, and spectators. HEWYBL offers youth an opportunity to participate in flag football, basketball, baseball, and wrestling throughout the year. These sports programs encourage parent involvement and utilize volunteer coaches. Each sport has a contact who works with the coaches to ensure a positive experience for the coach and their players.
Reasons To Volunteer Coach
1. Be a mentor to Children. As a coach, the children will look up to you. You will teach the children not only skills to the specific sport, but also important life skills including sportsmanship, honesty, responsibility, respect and more.
2. Get involved in the community and make a difference. Volunteering is one of life's greatest secrets. Being a coach will not only allow your child and other children the chance to play, but will also offer a fulfilling commitment in your life.
3. Spend Time with Your Child. With busy schedules it can be difficult to spend one-on-one time with your children. Coaching will give you and your child an opportunity to do something together.
4. Valuable Training! You do not have to be an athlete to enjoy coaching. The HEWYBL league and Cal Ripken Baseball will help by providing you with the tools, training, and resources needed to help make your coaching experience successful.
How much time to be a Coach?
The HEWYBL team works with volunteer coaches for all youth sports programs. The typical involvement for a youth sport coach includes passing the background check, attending a coaches training, communicating with individual team, and facilitating team practices and games. Teams are recommended to practice twice per week prior to the season and once per week once games start. League schedules typically include one or two games per week pending sport.
It's Simple to Become a Coach
1. Simply say yes!
2. Complete the On-Line Background Authorization Form
3. Baseball coaches need to attend the 'mandatory' Cal Ripken Baseball certification course "Coaching Youth Baseball". (Babe Ruth League Coaching Education Center) A valuable and informative on-line course for coaches new and old. Cost is only $19.95, takes you 4-5 hours to complete, and is good for life. The coaches certification program that is provided through the Cal Ripken website places an emphasis on sportsmanship, safety, and viewing the coach as a role model.
4. Forward a copy of the proof of certification to
SIGN UP TODAY!