West Cobb Girls Softball
Spring 2019 Registration Information
With almost 700 girls in age groups between 4 and 19 years of age, West Cobb Girls Softball offers both Spring and Fall recreation programs, Summer All-Star teams, and Travel teams. Lost Mountain Park offers nine well maintained fields along with five batting cages. Our program offers your daughter an opportunity to learn the game, grow as a player, and make new and lasting friendships.
- Registration for all leagues open: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Regular Registration Closes on Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Late Registration Opens on Friday, February 1, 2019 for leagues with availability only.
Spring 2019 Registration Fees
- Sugar & Spice (4-5 yr old) - $30
- Senior Sugar & Spice (6 yr old) - $50
- 8U (Universal) - $115
- Fast-Pitch (10U and older) - $140
Cobb County Park Fees
Cobb County Parks & Recreation has imposed the following park usage fees per participant: Cobb County Residents: $10 per player. Residents of all other counties: $15 per player. Park usage fees are passed-through to the county. - WCGS does not retain any of these park usage fees.
Tentative Spring 2019 Season Schedule
- Skills Evaluations: Saturday, Jan 26, 2019 - All age groups except Sugar & Spice
- Coaches Meeting: Monday, Jan 28, 2019, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Draft Week: Monday, Feb 4 - Thursday, Feb 7, 2019 - Coaches only
- Team Practices Begin: Saturday, Feb 9, 2019
- Spring Opening Day: Saturday, Mar 9, 2019
- WCGS Picture Day: Saturday, Mar 23, 2019
- Spring Break: Mar 30 - Apr 7, 2019 - No games
- Last Regular Season Games: Saturday, Apr 27, 2019
- WCGS Day at Atlanta Braves: Sunday, Apr 28,
- 2019 Mayhem on the Mountain Spring Tournament: Monday, Apr 29 - Saturday, May 4, 2019
Concession Fee Policy
Our concession stand operation is one of the primary means of generating revenue to support West Cobb Girls Softball. The funds help cover operating costs including umpire fees, player equipment, field equipment and facility improvements.
You have two options to participate in the concession process:
- Opt-Out of Concession Duty: $50 NON-refundable fee
- Participate in Concession Duty: $75 refundable deposit
If you elect to pay the $50 opt-out fee, no further participation is required.
If you elect the $75 participation deposit option, you may be assigned a single concession shift (approx. 4 hours) with your daughter's team. You will have an opportunity to reschedule to one of the announced "make-up" dates but these fill up on a first come basis and when all available dates are full no exceptions can be made. The fee/deposit is per player unless there are sisters playing on the same team. If you fulfill your assigned shift OR your team is not assigned duty, your deposit check will be destroyed post-season.
Checks for concession duty will be collected at your player's first practice. Your concession duty option check, payable to West Cobb Girls Softball, is required in order for your player to participate with a team. WCGS does not accept cash or credit cards for concession duty options.
For more information, please read the WCGS Concession Duty Policy
- Full refunds will be made upon request until Thursday, January 24, 2019.
- Full refunds for season ending injuries will be made until Thursday, February 29, 2019.
- NO other refund requests will be considered.
- To request a refund, e-mail