Pittsburgh Premier Lacrosse Club is an elite program and to become a member you must undergo a try-out on a yearly basis. Payment will ensure membership with the club throughout the current season.
* PPLC will provide you with top-level training, skill building, and exposure at some of the most popular national recruiting tournaments. This will give you the tools needed to compete and eventually excel at the college level.
* In order to ensure that each player will receive the individual attention that they deserve, we will have two elite teams per age group. These teams will be determined by the coaching staff’s assessment of each player’s abilities, position and strength at tryouts. In the event, of multiple teams within an age group there will be different levels. It is important that the players and the parents understand and respect the coaches’ professional decisions. All groups will be provided with the same training opportunities and high level coaching, regardless of team placement.
* All players are not only expected but are required to attend all practices for their age group. If a player cannot make a practice for a certain reason, contact must be made to Katy at least one day prior. Missing multiple practices without a legitimate excuse could affect a player’s ability to enter into certain tournaments or remain in the program. Players who miss practice, excused or unexcused, will be placed on the second team for the upcoming tournament.
* PPLC strives to teach each player the importance of teamwork, responsibility, and leadership. These skills will help our athletes to excel on the lacrosse field and in life. In order to make this growth possible, we strongly encourage that our players rather than parents initiate communication with their coach. Each player will be held accountable for her actions as well as the decisions that she makes.
*Any use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs by players during PPLC events will result in immediate dismissal from the organization.
*Violations of policies and/or procedures from either parents or players can result in dismissal from the program. If a player is dismissed for any reason refunds will not be given.
* Players are expected to attend all practices, exceptions will be made on a case by case basis. Tournaments are considered mandatory for players.
- Players who do not attend a tournament and have not provided advanced notice, will be assessed a $150 missed tournament fee.
- Players who miss multiple tournaments will follow the policy above for EACH tournament or portion of tournament missed. We reserve the right to remove a player from a roster in this circumstance. No refunds will be granted.
* Information regarding hotels, tournaments and player waivers will either be put up on the website or emailed to you directly.
* Even though we will try to maintain team chemistry, players and parents must understand that certain tournaments may require a mixture of ages. As much as we want to keep the teams together, we also want to give those individuals dedicated to competing and improving as much as possible a chance to do so.
* Players should arrive at the fields 30 minutes before their first scheduled game or as directed by their coach. This rule is necessary to ensure that you have enough time to find the field and get warmed up. Coming late to tournaments is unacceptable and may result in loss of playing time. This is considered the player’s responsibility and not the parents.
FEES AND REFUND POLICY
* If you have paid your yearly membership in full and have a sudden conflict – if we are notified by April 1st we will refund all but $300.00.
Your membership fee cover the following:
- o Quality coaching to improve individual & team skills
- o All team, regional, and off season Premier designated practices.
- o Use of coaching staff for college references
- o Cost of fields and equipment
- o Club salaries and expenses
- o Team registration for all elite tournaments
- o Navigation of the recruiting process
- o Coaches hotel accommodations & expenses
- o Coaches per diem salary
- o Tournament administrative costs
* Travel expenses are separate from the annual membership fee. These tournaments are crucial to the recruiting process depending on the age of the team. This consistency from our players will only be beneficial to our team and individual success.
* Injury refunds will been dealt with on a case by case basis minus a 150 dollars administration processing fee. You must have documentation in order to be considered.
*Players MUST pay club dues by payment due dates. Failure to do so will forfeit players place on the roster. If your spot is forfeited your paid club fees will not be refunded.
* $150 fine will be enforced for those individuals who commit to a tournament and then fail to attend without due notice. These players will also risk losing their right to participate in future tournaments.
* We require that all players must be members of US LACROSSE to supplement their own insurance policies. (All tournaments require that athletes have this coverage) USL memberships numbers and expiration dates must be supplied by April 1. We will check US Lacrosse memberships monthly!! To register go to: http://www.uslacrosse.org
CREDIT / CANCELATIONS / REFUNDS
* PPLC will keep records of all transactions. However, parents are encouraged to do so as well.
* Players are required to bring all necessary gear to every event. If gear is stolen or lost there will be a minimum of a $25 fine in addition to the cost of the gear, and may take up to 3 weeks to be replaced.
* Parents are expected to trust our expertise making decisions regarding all coaching strategy, team organization and standings.
We will not tolerate unruly parent behavior. This includes any of the following:
-Approaching a team coach about your child's position and playing time
-Yelling on the sidelines to opposing team players, coaches, parents or officials.
-Coaching from the sideline (any player)
-Overall negative comments about the club.
Parents who do not comply will result in their daughters immediate dismissal from our club.