OUR BACKGROUND CHECK PROCEDURE IS UNDER REVIEW PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES BELOW IS THE CURRENT
BACKGROUND SCREENING POLICY
Background screenings are required for all volunteers who desire to act in the following capacities:
- Sport Commissioners
- Assistant Sport Commissioners
- Board Members
- Team Managers
- Head Coaches
- Assistant Coaches
- Team Helpers
- Officials, Umpires & Referees
- Concession Attendants
A person will be disqualified and prohibited from serving as a volunteer if the person has been found guilty of the following crimes. Guilty means that a person was found guilty following a trial, entered a guilty plea, entered a no contest plea accompanied by a court finding of guilty, regardless of whether there was an adjudication of guilt (conviction) or a withholding of guilt.
- All Sex Offenses - Regardless of the amount of time since offense.
Examples include: child molestation, rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sodomy, prostitution, solicitation, indecent exposure, etc.
- All Felony Violence - Regardless of the amount of time since offense.
Examples include: murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, kidnapping, robbery, aggravated burglary, etc.
- All Felony Offenses other than violence or sex within the past 10 years.
Examples include: drug offenses, theft, embezzlement, fraud, child endangerment, etc.
- All Misdemeanor Violence offenses within the past 7 years.
Examples include: simple assault, battery,domestic violence, hit & run, etc.
- All Misdemeanor Drug & Alcohol Offenses within the past 5 years or multiple offenses in the past 10 years.
Examples include: driving under the influence, simple drug possession, drunk and disorderly, public intoxication, possession or drug paraphernalia, etc.
- Any other misdemeanor within the past 5 years that would be considered a potential danger to children or is directly related to the functions of that volunteer.
Examples include: contributing to the delinquency of a minor, providing alcohol to a minor, theft - if person is handling monies, etc.
- Anyone who has been charged for any of the disqualifying offenses or for cases pending in court will not be permitted to volunteer until the official adjudication of the case.
ONLY THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE INCLUDED ON BACKGROUND SCREENING REPORTS – NOTHING ELSE!