Cooper City Optimist Soccer
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Soccer players of Cooper City Optimist Soccer are required to abide by the code of conduct set out below:
1. I will support my teammates in a positive manner, and treat my teammates in the same manner I wish to be treated.
2. I will respect my coaching staff by following team rules and coaching directions, listening when spoken to, and accepting constructive criticism in order to improve my abilities as a soccer player.
3. My behavior will reflect positively on my team, and the sport of soccer.
4. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship towards all officials. Any derogatory comments towards officials will not be tolerated.
5. I will also demonstrate good sportsmanship toward opposing players, coaches, and parents. My behavior toward these parties will reflect positively on my team.
6. I will approach each training session and game situation with passion, vigor, and effort with the intention of becoming a better soccer player through technical, tactical, physical improvement.
7. I will be present and on time for all mandatory training sessions and game situations. I will give my coach prior notice if I will be absent or late for any team activity.
8. I will talk to my coach directly about any difficulties I’m having with practice or games. For example, if I am not playing in games as much as I want, I will ask my coach what I need to do to improve.
9. I will take proper care of my body when playing by eating a proper diet, staying hydrated, and getting sufficient amounts of rest.
Failure to comply may result in the suspension of your privilege to participate in the Cooper City Optimist Soccer.