Freshman Year – 9th Grade
- Develop your goals and objectives; do you want to go to College/Can you afford it?
- Review and understand the NCAA academic eligibility requirements
- Participate on high school athletic teams Freshman/JV or Varsity
- Participate in NBEFC Leadership Program
- Keep record of ALL academic and athletic achievements and statistics
- Develop resume including academic and athletic achievements
- Create first list of colleges you may be interested in
- Set academic goal that meets NCAA requirements KEEP YOUR GRADES UP
- Create a 4-year academic plan
•Meet with your high school counselor to discuss your plan
- Begin to visit college campuses to get a feel for what you like and are comfortable with.
- Over the summer, update your Profile and send out with a Cover letter to college coaches that you have an interest in.
- Select classes that are both challenging and appropriate. You want to choose the most difficult classes that you can do well in.
- Talk to others regarding classes that would be of interest.
- Suggestions for Summer going into Sophomore year
- Take Ref Class if you have not already
- Look for volunteer positions. Check with NBEFC for jobs at camps, fields and