1. I will treat each player, opposing coach, official, parent and administrator with respect and dignity.
2. I will do my best to learn the fundamental skills, teaching and evaluation techniques, and strategies of soccer.
3. I will become thoroughly familiar with the rules of soccer.
4. I will become familiar with the objectives of the Orland Park Soccer Club, which I am affiliated. I will strive to achieve these objectives and communicate them to my players and their parents.
5. I will uphold the authority of officials who are assigned to the contests in which I coach, and I will assist them in every way to conduct fair and impartial refereeing of games.
6. I will learn the strengths and weaknesses of my players so that I might place them into situations where they have a maximum opportunity to achieve success.
7. I will conduct my practices and games so that all players have an opportunity to improve their skill level through active participation.
8. I will communicate to my players and their parents the rights and responsibilities of individuals on our team.
9. I will cooperate with the Orland Park Soccer Club in the enforcement of rules and regulations, and I will report any irregularities that violate sound competitive practices.
10. I will protect the health and safety of my players by insisting that all of the activities under my control are conducted for their psychological and physiological welfare rather than for the vicarious interests of adults.