Frequently Asked Questions About Volleyball
How long is the season?
Where are the games held?
- Games are held at different locations. Locations vary by season. Most games are held in Albuquerque, Bernalillo and Rio Rancho.
What days are the games played on?
- Games can be played on Friday nights, Saturdays or Sundays depending on the season.
Where and when are practices?
- Practices are at local school gyms during the Fall & during Spring at local parks. IYS does its best to work with local schools for practice slots. However, slots are based on availability, are seasonal, and may be dependent on equipment availability. Players can expect to travel to practice areas. Teams are assigned to their practice area by IYS.
How often are practices?
- Most teams practice 2-3 times per week for 1-2 hours depending on teams. Head coaches have the ability to decide how often and how long a team will practice.
Can a team request a certain practice time or slot when working with gyms?
- No, it is not possible to request times that are convenient for personal schedules.
How are teams formed?
- Teams are formed by zip code and neighboring zip code as it is dependent on the number of players from the area. Tams can also be formed by coach requests and friend requests pending availability.
What additional equipment is need for volleyball?
- Each player is required to have their own:
- Appropriate footwear
- Knee Pads
Does my child need to attend practice to play in the game?
- Yes, your child does need to attend in order to learn the game and play in the game. Each coach will have guidelines that parents are expected to abide by.
Who are the coaches?
- Coaches are parent volunteers. IYS firmly believes in the positive aspects of children and parents being able to bond through the child/coach relationship.
How can I become a coach?
- Prospective coaches will need to complete a coaches application and background check.
How much is a background check for coaches?
- Background checks are $30/year.
Can coaches recruit players for a team and/or bring in a formed team?
- Yes, coaches can recruit players within their divisions and/or bring in fully formed teams. Players may play up one division; players are not allowed to play down in divisions.
Can I request a particular team or coach for my child?
- Yes, as long as the coach or team that you are requesting is in your child's age division.
Can a team stay together from season to season?
- Yes, they can stay together as long as they are in the appropriate age divsion and register together.
My child wants to play with a friend. Is that possible?
- Yes, you can make a friend request. Friend requests are only honored as long as the friend is in the same age-appropriate division as your child, as long as the coach is accepting players, and as long as there is room on the team.
Can a team "save" spots for a player that has not registered yet?
- No. Teams are not allowed to save spots for players who have yet to register. We highly suggest you register as soon as possible for the team that you are requesting.
What does my registration fee cover?
- Registration fees cover the cost of the weekly game facility rental, player and facility insurance, custom uniforms, equipment, referees, facility staff, and various operating expenses.
What kind of uniform does my child receive? Is it extra or included in the cost?
- Children receive a customized, high-wick volleyball jersey. It is included in the cost of the registration and is not extra.
Can I exchange my uniform?
- Exchanges are not allowed as uniforms are custom-ordered. If you decide you need another uniform due to personal reasons, there will be an additional charge.
Can we wear different uniforms other than what the league provides?
How many seasons of volleyball are there in a year?
- IYS runs 2 seasons of volleyball per year.
What is dual-division?
- Dual-division is where a player can play her appropriate age division as well the division above her. Additional fees apply and games are not guaranteed to not conflict in schedule.
How do I switch teams?
- Team switching is not allowed during the season. You may, however, switch teams at the start of the next season.
Are refunds or credits allowed?
- IYS does not grant refunds or credits for any reason.
Do you offer payment plans?
- IYS offers payment plans depending on availability of the season. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
What is league age?*
- League age is the age you are on August 1, YYYY. That age is "frozen" for the entire year and that is the age that you are for that particular sports year. Please view the league age calculator for more information. League age varies each calendar year.
Why does IYS use league age?
- IYS uses league age in order to allow players to play with their same team for an entire year thereby reinforcing the concepts of team bonding and team cohesion.
My child is 8 on August 1, YYYY but then turns 9 three weeks later. How do you determine what her league age is?
- Because she was 8 on 8/1/YYYY, her league age is 8. Although she turned a year older a few weeks later, her age on 8/1/YYYY is the determining factor for placement for the calendar sports year.
If a child has a birthday after the cut-off date and turns a year older, does he have to move up a division?
- No. All that matters is the age he was on the cut-off date (8/1/YYYY). Children do not move up divisions due to birthdays during the year or else we would be reorganizing teams each week. It is similar to the school year cut-off - if a child turns a year older, they do not automatically move up to the next grade the next day.
* = YYYY is for current sports year.