The Fort Hunt Eagles game uniform consists of
- Black rugby shorts (not nylon basketball shorts or summer-style casual shorts). We have custom-embroidered team shorts for purchase, with sales benefitting the club.
- Black, over-the-calf socks; we also have custom team green/gold and black/blue (boys HS) socks for sale (optional).
- Team jersey
- Studded sports shoes; molded-sole soccer shoes are fine, regardless of the sport. Football boots that have a screw-in toe stud must have the toe stud removed. See our equipment section for more info.
All tackle players MUST wear a personally fitted mouthpiece. This is non-negotiable, the policy of both Fort Hunt Rugby and Rugby VA.
The following gear is also permitted, subject to referee inspection and approval:
- rugby gloves/fingerless mitts
- a brace or elastic wrap
- scrum cap
- padded shirt
Prohibited Equipment/Uniform Items (for both practice and matches)
- Eyeglasses: touch players may practice with regular eyeglasses, but must wear sport goggles/sport glasses in matches (or none at all).
- No form of eyeglasses is permitted in tackle rugby. Contact lenses are permitted.
- For those players who wear removable-stud football boots, the toe stud must be removed from each boot.
- No watches, bracelets, rings, necklaces or earrings (or visible/accessible piercings). Touch players may tape over earrings; tackle players must remove all earrings.
- No shorts with chains, exposed zipper, buckles, rivets, or any sort of exposed or internal hard plastic or metal. No belts with any shorts, regardless of composition.
- Remove all items from pockets.
- No braces or other gear containing hard plastic or metal, and none with exposed struts or structures; the referee will examine this kind of equipment prior to a match.
- No player may play with a cast of any kind, touch or tackle.