To download the Code of Conduct click here:
CONNYlacrosse & WATERTOWN LACROSSE
CODE OF CONDUCT & PARTICIPATION CONTRACT
I wish to participate in Connecticut-New York Youth Lacrosse Association
(CONNYlacrosse) activities. As a participant in such play, I pledge to:
1. Learn the rules of lacrosse so that I may be a better player, coach, and fan.
2. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating only positive support for all
players, coaches, and officials at every event.
3. Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free environment that is important for all
youth sporting events.
4. Make only supportive comments to all players, coaches, and officials.
5. Remember the field is a classroom and everyone is learning.
6. Focus on the fun and the participation.
I also pledge NOT to:
1. Ever use profanity at a youth event.
2. Possess or consume alcohol at any CONNY game, including the fields, spectator
areas, and parking areas.
3. Criticize the coaches, players, or officials.
4. Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
Fighting and/or abusive or unruly conduct will not be tolerated at any time and will result in disciplinary action by the coaching staff and/or Board of Directors of the Watertown Lacrosse Association.
This contract must be signed by any player, parent, or coach who wishes to participate
in any CONNY event. A player’s form must be signed by his/her parent(s) or guardian.
The signature indicates that the person has read and agreed to this Code of Conduct
and knows that the consequences of violating one of these rules include ejection from
the event. The CONNY Board of Directors will be notified of the ejection. The Board may
decide that the ejectee must appear before the Board to describe the circumstances of
Player Signature: ___________________________________________
All participants (players, coaches, and parents) must read and sign this document. Signed Codes MUST be
held on file by member program administrators through the end of June each year. The signed documents
should be available on demand when requested by the CONNY Sportsmanship, Safety, and