EQUIPMENT NEEDS FOR PRACTICES AND GAMES
Important: Label all of your Player's equipment with your Player's initials or last name
- Water Bottle (water is preferred; sports drinks are OK)
- Orange Little League sweatshirt (after practice or game)
- Orange Little League baseball hat (team hat provided by League by end of February)
- Baseball Glove (fit to hand, not over-sized)
- Athletic Clothes (T-shirt and baseball pants are preferred; no shorts or jeans)
- Athletic Supporter and Protective Cup (highly recommended for any position in any division but required if playing Catcher in any division. Suggestion: Start wearing at a younger age so that it is comfortable at an older age.
- Baseball Plastic Cleats (double knotting the laces is preferred; no soccer cleats or metal spikes except in Juniors)
- Equipment bag
- Baseball bat
- Optional - helmet (provided by League for use during season)
- Optional - batting glove
APPROVED AND ILLEGAL BATS
This year the League will not be approving bats. It is not a National requirement and becomes to time consuming. Thus, stickers will no longer be required on bats. The onus of ensuring that Players have the correct bat will fall upon the Managers and Coaches. With that being said, violations of illegal bats can be found in section 6.6(d) which states that the first offense will cause the batter to be out (for that batting turn) and the lose of a base Coach (for the whole game). The second offense will cause the Manager to be ejected from the game.
Little League National has done a pretty good job with providing information on illegal and approved bats. They have a mobile download app where you select the manufacturer and they will tell you if you can use the bat or not.
Link included below
FIELDS AND EQUIPMENT
Our Equipment Manager & Key Master is Joe Gutierrez.
For equipment issues including equipment returns, issues and replacement please email him directly at
For all field issues contact Chance Perry at
PRACTICE SCHEDULES AND FIELDS
Your practice scheduler is Anthony Alvarado.
All practice fields will be assigned at the Managers meeting. All practices will be held at Orange Little League Sycamore & Portola Fields and in rare cases at California Elementary. Batting cages will also be assigned at the Managers meeting.
For all scheduling questions contact Anthony at
Field Conditions Hotline (Mudline) for the City of Orange (714) 744-5592
During times of bad weather please check the City of Orange Mudline before arriving at the fields. This hotline is generally updated only when field conditions change but during times where weather conditions are changing or field conditions are tentative, the hotline can be updated serveral times throughout the day. Do not assume the fields will be closed if it is raining in the morning.
Please wait until 3pm to call the hotline if you are scheduled on the fields after 4pm.