Frequently Asked Questions
2018 Girls U13 (5/6) Team
1. What are the goals of the program this year?
The primary goal of our recreational U13 team is still to have fun! We'll continue to build on the strong fundamentals the girls have worked on in previous seasons and we welcome anyone who's new to the sport who wants to play. Players will continue to develop their cradling skills, passing, catching, ground ball pickups, and shooting. We will also continue to build on teamwork, camaraderie, and apply lessons we learn from lacrosse to life. We will not only provide our players with the opportunity to learn lacrosse, but we will also emphasize honoring the game, our teammates, and our opponents.
2. Who will coach the program?
Coach Erin Ho will lead the U13 team for the 2018 season. This is her 4th year coaching with GHL and we're lucky to have such a talented and dedicated volunteer coach. Parents will have a great opportunity to support the team in much needed roles such as: sideline manager, timer, scorekeeper, field liner, and team parent. If you're interested in helping out in any way, please contact Coach Erin.
3. When does the program begin and end?
The U13 team will start practicing the week of February 26, 2018. Practice location and times won't be available until mid-February, but players can expect to have two 2-hour practices per week. Games will begin on March 17, 2018, and the End of Season Jamboree will be held at the Starfire Complex on June 2, 2018. All U13 players are expected to play through the season ending jamboree.
Post Season Opportunity: The decision to play in any post season tournaments is left up to the coaches and parents to decide. These opportunities do require additional fees that aren't covered by the GHLA registration.
4. What equipment do players need?
The following equipment is required of each female player:
- Lacrosse Goggles - Required (supplied by player)
- Lacrosse Stick - Required (supplied by player)
- Mouth Guard - Required (cannot be white, or clear) (supplied by player)
- Gloves - Optional
- Outdoor Cleats - Required (supplied by player)
- Jersey - Required for Games (loaned to player by club and must be returned at end of season)
- Skort - Required for Games (supplied by club for player to keep)
- Practice Pinnies - Required (loaned to player by club and must be returned at end of season)
- Players without required equipment will not be allowed to practice or participate in games.
5. Do you have rental equipment available?
We do not provide girls lacrosse rental gear. We do provide all goalie protective equipment and stick for our goalies. If your daughter has the desire to play goalie, please speak with Coach Kindra, or Coach Erin.
6. Are physicals required? Are new concussion forms required?
Physicals are not required at the U13 level. Concussion forms are required every year before players are allowed to practice. The club secretary will email forms to parents prior to the start of practice or you can download it from the GHLA website (www.gigharborlacrosse.com) under the “Documents” tab in the left menu bar.
Signed concussion forms are required before players can practice and are good for one year from the date of signing.
7. Program Cost and Registration
Please refer to the red "Register Online" tab on the left for registration information, timelines, and payment. Player cost is $400. Every player MUST have a current US Lacrosse membership through Aug 15, 2018 ($30 paid directly to US Lacrosse) in order to be eligible to register and participate in practice & games. http://www.uslacrosse.org/membership.aspx