Parents’ Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents' Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event;
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win;
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment;
- I will require that my child's coach upholds the “Coaches Code of Ethics”;
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all;
- I will remember that the game is for youth not adults;
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child;
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
This is a great article that sums it up: What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent - And What Makes A Great One
These links are provided for your convenience. By clicking on any of the links, you are leaving the Tilton Northfield Little League website.
Little League Facebook Page
Official Little League Website
Positive Coaching Alliance
NH Fisher Cats