ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
The Redmond Girls Select Basketball mission is to provide a competitive basketball program that builds players skills and confidence and prepares athletes to play middle school and high school basketball.
A volunteer Board of Directors oversees the daily operations of the Redmond Girls Select Basketball program. The board consists of parents and coaches. Parents who are interested in serving on the board should contact the current President of the board to express their interest and discuss possible openings.
Currently the Board consists of mostly 8th grade player parents. Parents from the 5th, 6th and 7th grade teams are needed to fill the following roles:
- Vice President
- Web Master – maintain the RSGBB.com website and run the Tourney Machine app during our local Halloween Hoopla Tournament
- Halloween Hoopla Tournament Coordinator – assist Board in communicating volunteer opportunities to each Team and coordinating duties/volunteers during the tournament held October 27 - 29
Tuesday, 9/12: 6:00-7:30 @ RHS in the aux gym
Thursday, 9/14: 6:00-7:30 @ RHS in the aux gym
Tuesday, 9/19: 6:00-7:30 @ RHS in the aux gym
Sunday, 9/24: 1:00 - 2:30 grades 4-6
2:30 - 4:00 grades 7-8
No pre-registration is required for tryouts, however, the participant is required to have a parent sign the medical release waiver and bring it with them to tryouts. Waiver available on our website under Parents/Players – on Forms/Documents page. Waivers will also be available to sign at drop off. In addition, players should wear comfortable clothing and basketball or tennis shoes that will not damage a gym floor and bring a water bottle. A basketball is recommended but not required.
- All girls in grades 4th through 8th living within the Redmond High School boundary interested in playing basketball at a competitive level are welcome to attend tryouts.
- Players should have some previous basketball experience (please note: the city of Redmond offers a recreational program for players looking to play on a recreational level)
- Parents are not allowed to stay and watch tryouts but may wait out in the gym foyer if they wish.
- Tryout results will be posted to our website (www.rgsbb.com) 48 hours after our final tryout is complete.
- You must accept your daughter’s spot by responding to acceptance email within 24 hours or your roster position may be offered to another player.
We will field one team per age group consisting of 8-12 players for each team. The final team sizes may vary depending on the number and skill level of players that tryout each year.
Practices begin the week after teams are selected and go through the end of the season, usually the middle of March. Practices will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings; times will vary depending on gym availability. In addition, skills clinics will be offered throughout the season to all of our RGSBB players.
We will have access to gyms at Redmond High School and some of the local elementary and middle schools.
GAME & TOURNAMENT SCHEDULES
Redmond Select participates in the Puget Sound Travel League (PSTL) or the Cascade Travel Basketball Travel League (CBTL) which includes teams from most local high school feeder teams on the Eastside from Snohomish to Renton. Approximately 15 games are scheduled weekends (typically one game Saturday and one Sunday) from December through February.
In addition to League games, all teams typically play in five or six local tournaments and one travel tournament per season. Teams typically play 35-40 games during the season, including tournament games.
Individual teams may play more or fewer tournaments than the typical amount. Tournament play is decided by each team, but the tournaments listed below are typically played by all teams.
· Redmond Select Halloween Hoopla (October 27 - 29, 2017)
· Veteran’s Day weekend (mid-November)
· Thanksgiving break (late November)
· Martin Luther King weekend (mid-January)
· President’s Day weekend (mid-February)
· PSTL Final Tournament (early March)
· Wenatchee Tournament (mid-March)
COMMITMENT FROM PLAYERS
Redmond Girls Select Basketball coach expectations are that Redmond Select Basketball will be number one priority sport in the regular season.
We recognize that many players are multi-sport athletes participating in fall sports whose schedules compete with the pre-season (October to November) practice and tournament schedule. Players will not be penalized for missing practices or games (tournament games) in October and November. However, those players attending practices on a regular basis will be better prepared for early season games and absences could reflect game playing time.
Players must communicate potential conflicts to coaches during tryouts.
The cost to play for fall season is $500 per player plus a $75 uniform fee. Returning players are not required to purchase new uniforms, but available if needed. Every girl is required to become a AAU member, cost is $14-$16, and must be completed before the first game. This can be done on http://aaugirlsbasketball.org/website - register under category Redmond Select Girls Basketball – Club Code: WWAB49
Fees will be collected at Fees and Forms night on TBD. Attendance is mandatory.
This cost does not include travel expenses to games/tournaments.
Scholarships are available at the discretion of the board for those athletes and their families who are unable to assume the costs of participation. Contact a board member for more information.
Our Redmond Select Halloween Hoopla tournament will be held the weekend of October 27 - 29, 2017 at Redmond High School.
All RGSBB players and families are required to volunteer during this tournament. Each team will have a Tournament Representative who will help get information out to their respective team families. Player/parent volunteers will help cover shifts for door entry, snack bar sales, gym coordinators, referee coordinators and more. This is our one and only fundraiser of the season so there are no other fundraising obligations once this tournament is over.
Please contact a board member with any additional questions or email us at email@example.com
Redmond Girls Select Basketball is a 501c3 organization.